Adele undergoes vocal chord surgeryNovember 10th, 2011 - 3:32 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Nov 10 (IANS) Singer Adele has undergone a surgery of her vocal chords in the US, and her doctor is expecting her to recover fully.
Adele, 23, was forced to cancel tour dates and promotional appearances for the rest of the year due to her illness.
She underwent vocal chord microsurgery to stop recurrent bleeding from a benign polyp, reports dailymail.co.uk.
The Grammy winner was operated upon by Steven Zeitels, director of the Massachusetts General Hospital’s Voice Centre.
“Based on the advice of her doctor and voice therapist in Britain, Adele came to Boston to consult and undergo corrective voice surgery with Dr. Zeitels,” said a statement from the hospital.
“Dr. Zeitels has pioneered many vocal chord surgical procedures including the use of specialised lasers to stop vocal cord bleeding in singers. He has performed this unique procedure for many vocalists including Steven Tyler, allowing him to return to full performance,” the statement added.
- Adele plans to move out of London? - Dec 18, 2011
- New material may restore vocal cords - Jul 15, 2011
- Adele's heartfelt tour rider leaks - Dec 07, 2011
- Adele's 'Rolling in the deep' named song of the year - Feb 13, 2012
- Adele, Konecki tie the knot (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Girl in coma wakes up hearing mom sing - Jun 19, 2012
- Adele cancels US tour - Oct 05, 2011
- Adele, Konecki married? - Aug 30, 2012
- Adele wins top honours at Grammy - Feb 13, 2012
- Revolutionary vocal cord op could help Julie Andrews sing again - Oct 23, 2009
- Adele not to sing for a month! - Jun 21, 2011
- Bisexual lover dumped Adele, at 18, for gay friend - Jun 25, 2012
- Adele gets a standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Adele gifts herself 7-million-pound mansion - Feb 26, 2012
- Lopez applauds ex P Diddy's performance - Mar 13, 2011