Adarsh Society: CBI probing flat owners’ fund sourceOctober 29th, 2010 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 29 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is probing the “source of funds” of public servants who have purchased flats in the controversial Adarsh Co-Operative Housing Society in south Mumbai, a top official said Friday.
“One of the terms of reference in the investigations is the source of income of the ‘public servants’ which was used to buy these flats,” CBI Joint Director (Western Region) Rishi Raj Singh said here Friday evening.
The CBI, which has started probing the matter after it reached the corridors of power at the centre, has yet to receive replies to its queries from the public servants’, according to Singh.
When asked about the role of politicians, Singh categorically said: “I have said public servants.”
According to some reports, the flats in the prime 32-storeyed building in Colaba, close to the Western Naval Headquarters, went for as high as Rs.60 lakh and the current market value of the flats is in the range of around Rs.8 crore.
Among the members of the society are scores of former army generals, defence officials, bureaucrats or their kin, politicians or their relatives and others.
- Adarsh scam: Ex-legislator, CBI lawyer nabbed for graft - Mar 06, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Ex-legislator, three arrested (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Adarsh scam: CBI may finalise case this week - Dec 12, 2010
- Bombay High Court satisfied with progress in Adarsh scam - Mar 16, 2011
- Adarsh scam: CBI raids top bureaucrat's premises (Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- Adarsh scam: BJP demands Maharashtra Governor's sanction to prosecute Deshmukh, Shinde - Feb 11, 2011
- CBI conducts raids in Adarsh scam - Mar 15, 2011
- Antony orders CBI probe into Adarsh housing scam (Second Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Adarsh scam: 'Guilty will not be spared', says Antony - Dec 15, 2010
- Adarsh scam: CBI raids top bureaucrat's homes, offices (Second Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- Why no action against officials in Adarsh scam: Court - Mar 12, 2012
- Antony orders CBI probe into Mumbai housing scam (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Navy to submit Adarsh Society scam final report - Nov 03, 2010
- Adarsh scam: Three arrested, more likely - Mar 20, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Shinde summoned as witness - May 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,