Actress accused of visa fraud allowed to travel abroadJuly 24th, 2008 - 1:15 am ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 23 (IANS) South Indian film actress Flora Shiny, accused of being involved in a US visa racket, was Wednesday allowed by the Madras High Court to travel abroad. “Thanks to the Madras High Court’s order to return my passport and allowing foreign travel, I can continue my career without worries,” Flora told IANS.
The 29-year-old actress also thanked the office-bearers of South Indian Artistes’ Association for their intervention into the matter.
Flora alias Asha Saini was arrested in March with false papers for attempting to smuggle another woman out to the US as her make-up artist. Within days, the US consulate here had announced that it had detected visa frauds by artists in the Tamil and Telugu film industry and was imposing a lifetime ban on travel to the US on 200 people.
Flora was later released on bail. The actress has done an item number in superstar Rajnikanth’s forthcoming release “Kuselan”.
“My part was shot before the ban,” Flora clarified.
She started her career in Hindi films in 2004 and later managed to get roles in Telugu movies.
The actress claimed that she had received an invitation through Telugu actor Mohan Babu for an event in the US and that a female assistant was slated to accompany her when she was arrested.
- Kylie Minogue not happy all the time - Aug 07, 2012
- I knew I'll be able to act easily, says Asha Bhosle at 77 (Interview) - Mar 03, 2011
- I am far removed from worldly matters: Lata - Sep 29, 2011
- Ban on Nikita lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- Asha turns 78, to celebrate with family - Sep 08, 2011
- Wahab resigns as PPP Information Secretary following remarks on Davis' immunity - Feb 20, 2011
- Richa dubs in Telugu - Sep 15, 2010
- No bans issued against me: Genelia - Nov 11, 2011
- Ileana turns taxi driver in new film (With Image) - Jun 30, 2012
- A song on her lips, a style of her own, Asha Bhosle turns 77 (Sep 8 is Asha Bhosle's birthday) - Sep 07, 2010
- Punjabi boy Vipul Mehta wins 'Indian Idol 6' - Sep 02, 2012
- Portman 'honoured' by Oscar nomination - Jan 27, 2011
- Asha Bhosle keeps grandsons away from today's films - Apr 19, 2012
- Roerich Trust official has valid visa, says police now - Feb 28, 2012
- Born to sing: Lata turns 82 (Sep 28 is Lata Mangeshkar's birthday) - Sep 27, 2011