Actors shocked at Imagine TV shutting downApril 13th, 2012 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 13 (IANS) Actors shooting for “Jamuna Paar” and other soaps on Imagine TV are shocked at the sudden decision of the Hindi entertainment channel to shut down.
Many were busy shooting for their serials when they got the jolting news and say it will leave employees of the channel without their livelihood.
Imagine TV, which aired some of the most talked about shows like “Rakhi Ka Swayamwar”, “Zor Ka Jhatka” and “Raaz Pichhle Janam Ka”, went off the air Thursday.
Ankur Verma and Vidhi Parekh, lead actors of “Jamuna Paar”, are shocked and hoping for some miracle.
“I got to know after the statement was released Thursday by Turner, around 1.30 p.m. when we were shooting for the show. The entire team has been working very hard, so the news was very shocking for all of us,” Ankur told IANS.
Vidhi said she was not expecting this.
“The news of the channel shutting down was a big time shock. Who will expect something like this when you are happily shooting for your show? ‘Jamuna Paar’ is life for me. The shoot stopped yesterday, but I hope the channel starts again and we are back to work. It is very unfortunate and I feel sad. There were so many cute and interesting things lined up for the viewers,” she said.
Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific, Inc, Thursday announced the decision to shut Imagine TV and Imagine Dil Se stating that the channels did not perform and grow in line with the expectations.
Turner currently operates HBO, CNN, Cartoon Network, POGO, WB, TCM and Boomerang in India.
According to FICCI-KPMG report, Imagine’s “Dharam Patni”, “Zor Ka Jhatka” and “Ratan Ka Rishta” were among the top 10 fictional and non-fictional shows launched in 2011, but none of them managed to garner TRPs.
Ankita Sharma, who plays Preeto in “Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto”, says it will leave many unemployed.
“I was shocked when I got the news, but it’s part of life. No one can do anything about it. It will bring a change in life. But I feel bad for the channel’s employees who are now unemployed. I just hope everyone gets something better,” Ankita told IANS.
The channel was launched in India Jan 21, 2008 as NDTV Imagine, by the NDTV group in partnership with NBC Universal. In 2010, Turner acquired NDTV’s stake in Imagine.
The channel made an impressive start with shows like “Ramayan”, “Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi”, “Say Shaava Shaava”, “Jasuben Jayantilaal Joshi Ki Joint Family”, “Kitani Mohobbat Hai”, but in the later years it couldn’t managed to get satisfactory TRPs.
- 'Jamuna Paar' crew shoots at India Gate (With Images) - Feb 24, 2012
- Mink lost six kg while shooting for 'Zor Ka Jhatka' - Feb 20, 2011
- After Giaa's exit, Mohammad Nazim working harder - Jul 30, 2012
- ‘Zor Ka Jhatka’ Leads To Major Changes In Slot Of Other Prime Time Shows - Jan 13, 2011
- Fiction to out-of-box content, Imagine TV gets real - Jan 12, 2011
- SRK back to TV - shoots for fiction show in Mannat (With Images) - May 03, 2011
- Gurmeet Choudhary Is Missing Debina Bonnerjee Terribly! - Dec 24, 2010
- Ankita replaces Dimple in 'Amrit Manthan' - Jul 06, 2012
- Pawan Shankar's litti-chokha treat on sets (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Dimpy Mahajan Missing Her Hubby Rahul! - Jan 14, 2011
- I'm badshah of bedroom: SRK - Dec 17, 2010
- SRK returns to small screen with 'Zor Ka Jhatka' (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- SRK confirms role in Bharadwaj's adaptation of 'Two States' - Dec 17, 2010
- I'd like to do an item number in Hindi film: Debina Mookherjee - Nov 17, 2011
- Shweta Tiwari And Dolly Bindra Get Work Offers From Televsion - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: ankur, asia pacific, cartoon network, cnn, entire team, ficci, hbo, interesting things, janam, kpmg report, patni, raaz, ratan, rishta, sapne, sudden decision, tcm, turner broadcasting system, vidhi, zor ka jhatka