Actor Kamaal R. Khan’s office burgledAugust 5th, 2011 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 5 (IANS) Actor Kamaal R. Khan suffered a loss of over Rs.2 lakh in cash and other items after his office here was targeted by burglars Thursday night.
The criminals entered the office, located opposite Sri Venkateswara College near Dhaula Kuan in south Delhi and walked away with cash and a laptop, among other things.
“Yes, I got to know about the news today itself as one of my staff called me up and said that an amount of Rs.2 lakh plus a laptop and few small things were stolen from my Delhi office,” Kamaal told IANS on phone from Dubai.
The actor, known for his role in “Deshdrohi”, has lodged a police complaint but is unsure whether they will be able to find the culprits.
“I have filed the complaint but the way police officials reacted was simply disheartening. They behaved very casually and asked me to buy new things in replacement of old ones. I don’t even know whether they will take any action or not,” the actor added.
Kamaal used to supply manpower to different Gulf countries from this office.
- Burglars loot 20 kg gold from jewellery shop - Jun 23, 2011
- Cash firm staffer held for stealing from ATMs - Sep 01, 2011
- Srinagar gold burglary solved in a day, loot recovered - Apr 23, 2012
- Airport Metro's two new stations open Monday - Aug 15, 2011
- Bag containing over Rs.5 lakh stolen from bank - Dec 06, 2010
- Three arrested for 1.57 crore burglary - Apr 29, 2011
- Air Force official murder case solved, four arrested - Jan 24, 2012
- BPO employee rape: Rs.1 lakh reward for information on accused - Dec 01, 2010
- Burglars loot jewellery worth Rs.25 lakh - Mar 14, 2011
- Rs.1 crore burglary at Delhi bank cashier's house - Jul 25, 2011
- Gang of burglars busted in Delhi - Jan 03, 2010
- Noida house burgled, lakhs missing - Jul 13, 2011
- US man dubbed 'most stupid criminal ever' pleads guilty to burglary - Feb 24, 2011
- After thefts, Ghaziabad area installs CCTVs - Jan 06, 2012
- Burglars break through shop wall, loot cash - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: burglars, criminals, culprits, delhi office, dhaula kuan, gulf countries, lakh, laptop, manpower, New Delhi, news today, police complaint, police officials, rs 2, south delhi, sri venkateswara college, thursday night