Actor Govinda has narrow escapeJanuary 31st, 2009 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, Jan 31 (IANS) Bollywood star Govinda had a narrow escape Saturday when a bus hit him in this Sikh holy city, the actor said. Govinda was jogging with his son on the road near M.K. International Hotel in Ranjit Avenue when a mini-bus hit him after its driver failed to spot him due to the fog.
The driver was able to apply the brakes just in time as the vehicle was about to run over Govinda. He was hit by the bus but was not majorly injured.
Govinda visited the city with his family to pay obeisance at the Golden Temple and is staying at the M.K. International Hotel.
“We had paid obeisance at the Golden Temple yesterday (Friday). Maybe God saved us because of that,” Govinda told reporters here.
- Amritsar hits a high with hotels - Mar 27, 2011
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
- Birth anniversary of Guru Ram Dass being celebrated in Golden Temple - Oct 09, 2010
- Obama's always welcome to Golden Temple: Sikh leaders (Lead) - Oct 20, 2010
- Amritsar goes ahead with plans to welcome Obama - Oct 20, 2010
- Amritsar joins pilgrim cities' pledge to go green - Nov 07, 2011
- PM arrives in Amritsar; to pray at Golden Temple Sunday (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Obama's Golden Temple visit: Punjab seeks PM's help (Lead) - Oct 23, 2010
- 19 killed in Afghanistan roadside blast - Dec 07, 2011
- Obama to visit Golden Temple, college in Amritsar - Oct 15, 2010
- Six killed in Maharashtra accident - Jun 29, 2011
- Obama's Golden Temple visit: Punjab seeks PM's help - Oct 23, 2010
- Obama's security team visits Amritsar - Sep 15, 2010
- Dal Khalsa releases Operation Bluestar directory - Jun 05, 2012
- SGPC displays rare historic treasure in Golden Temple - Jun 11, 2010