Actor couple seeks police securityJune 21st, 2008 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 21 (IANS) Telugu film actor Rajasekhar and his wife actress Jeevitha have sought police security saying they felt threatened after a series of incidents including an attack on them and a burglary at their office. The actor couple Saturday met Hyderabad police commissioner B. Prasad Rao and requested him to provide them with security guards. They submitted a letter stating that they were feeling threatened after a series of incidents including an attack on them and a burglary at their office.
Rao said if the couple was ready to pay for the security he had no objection in providing guards. The couple agreed to do so.
Rajasekhar and his wife were given two security guards after fans of superstar Chiranjeevi attacked their car here in January. The actor couple and their daughter suffered minor injuries.
The guards were later withdrawn after the security review committee found that there was no longer any threat to the couple.
Chiranjeevi’s fans were angry at his remark that the superstar had no political experience. Chiranjeevi later visited the couple’s house and apologised.
Last month, burglars entered his office at Jubilee Hills here and stole cash and electronic goods. The script of their new movie was also damaged.
The actor and his wife have already decided to work for the ruling Congress party in next year’s elections. Jeevitha is also reportedly keen to become president of the women’s wing of the party.
- Telugu film industry extends support to Hazare - Aug 19, 2011
- Film fraternity came out in full strength to support Anna's movement - Aug 28, 2011
- War of words between Chiranjeevi and Mohan Babu - Oct 14, 2009
- After thefts, Ghaziabad area installs CCTVs - Jan 06, 2012
- Actor Rajasekhar invokes caste for votes, arrested - Apr 10, 2009
- Andhra police chief asks northeast community not to panic (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Andhra police chief appeals northeast community not to panic (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Hyderabad cops allay fears of northeast people, set up helpline - Aug 17, 2012
- Telugu filmstars make a beeline to polling booths (Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- Actor couple Rajasekhar, Jeevitha join Congress - Jul 14, 2008
- Actors Rajasekhar, Jeevita ready to join Congress - Jun 03, 2008
- Hyderabad: Burglars kill house owner - Oct 25, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's PRP merges with Congress (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2011
- YSR to come alive on silver screen - Sep 14, 2009
- ABVP group disrupts film shooting of Chiranjeevi's nephew - Dec 23, 2009