Action against college that opened on holidayApril 15th, 2008 - 9:06 pm ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, April 15 (IANS) Action would be initiated against an engineering college of Ghaziabad that opened on a gazetted holiday, a senior official said. District Magistrate Deepak Agrawal said action would be initiated against the institute and an inquiry had been ordered.
RD Engineering College at Duhai, Ghaziabad remained open April 14, Ambedkar Anniversary and Ram Navami, a holiday announced by the central government.
College spokesperson Vinay Kumar Singh said since the practical and internal test dates were finalised a long time ago, any change in the dates were not possible as it could jeopardise the pre-examination preparations schedule.
Vice Chancellor UP Technical University Prem Vrat said the university through its circulars (29518 and 29806) dated Jan 11, 2008 instructed the affiliated institutes to follow the instructions including closing the institute on April 14.
- April 14, 16 declared holidays in Delhi - Apr 11, 2011
- Delhi University gets court notice on lab assistant's plea - May 17, 2011
- No helmets, no classes for Madhya Pradesh students - May 11, 2011
- Vice chancellors appointed for two Maharashtra varsities - Dec 30, 2010
- Three engineering students expelled for ragging in Bihar - Dec 28, 2011
- Bombay HC slams Maharashtra Govt. for trying to curb police powers - Mar 01, 2011
- DGCA can fix pilots' working hours, rules Supreme Court - May 03, 2011
- NRI girl sweet-talked into marriage, deserted; Police register case - Sep 17, 2011
- Eleven lose sight after surgery at government camp - Oct 13, 2011
- Telangana protests intensify, JAC plans joint agitation (Roundup) - Jul 07, 2011
- Anti-ragging helpline for Uttar Pradesh colleges soon - Jun 16, 2012
- Ghaziabad authority to demolish collapsed building - Jul 19, 2011
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Forced to tonsure heads for fee delay, allege Dalit students (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- UAE to observe Prophet Mohammad's birthday Feb 4 - Jan 30, 2012