Acid attacker woman sent for observationSeptember 6th, 2011 - 12:48 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) A 25-year-old woman who threw acid on the face of her boyfriend after he backed out of his promise to marry her, was sent to a mental hospital Monday for observation, police said.
Arti Dikshit, a resident of Yamuna Vihar, attacked Vineet Kumar, 27, at Cross River Mall in Anand Vihar Sunday. She feared that he was about to desert her, police said.
Dikshit was arrested and produced before a city court. The court sent her to the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences (IHBAS) Mental hospital in Shahdara in east Delhi for medical observation and asked the police to submit a report Tuesday before sending her to judicial custody.
“She is kept under observation. She will be produced before the metropolitan magistrate Tuesday,” police said.
Meanwhile, police said, Vineet’s condition is stable. “The maximum acid injury was on his face,” Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Asif Mohammad Ali told IANS.
Arti called Vineet, a resident of Maujpur, Sunday afternoon to the mall on the pretext of watching a movie. After spending two hours, they entered into an alteration over the issue of marriage, police said.
During the argument, she took out an acid bottle from her purse and threw acid on Vineet’s face. Vineet suffered 45 percent burn injuries.
Police, then, arrested her from Surajmal Vihar, near the mall.
- Woman throws acid on boyfriend's face - Sep 04, 2011
- Police nabs youth who threw acid on girl's face - Feb 01, 2012
- Van driver kills lover's brother, held - May 22, 2012
- Woman throws acid on face of lover - Mar 21, 2012
- Battered baby case: Two more arrested - Feb 08, 2012
- Workshop to motivate disabled kids, parents - Aug 12, 2012
- Masked men throw acid on woman in Lucknow - Feb 15, 2011
- Battered baby critical, government offers support (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Falak continues to battle for life, three arrested in case (Roundup) - Feb 02, 2012
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Businessman shot at in Delhi - Apr 26, 2011
- Woman's body found in Delhi - Apr 28, 2012
- Woman jumps to death in Jaipur mall - Jul 24, 2012
- BJP leader's sister drugged, left to die by kin - Aug 30, 2011
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: allied sciences, alteration, anand, attacker, commissioner of police, cross river, deputy commissioner, east delhi, human behaviour, judicial custody, magistrate, mental hospital, mohammad ali, New Delhi, observation, old woman, pretext, purse, sunday afternoon, vineet kumar