Accused in 30 criminal cases held in DelhiApril 25th, 2008 - 7:40 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 24 (INAS) A notorious criminal allegedly involved in at least 30 cases of murder, attempt to murder, extortion, robbery and assault on policemen has been arrested in the capital, the police said Thursday. Sleuths of the Delhi Police Special Cell arrested Khurvesh alias Pappu and his accomplice Gaurav from east Delhi Wednesday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Alok Kumar said Khurvesh was arrested after Prem Sahu, who runs a business of cable network and tent house, complained to the police of extortion.
Sahu said Khurvesh was asking him to cough up Rs.15,000 every month as protection money. The police then arrested Khurvesh’s younger brother Virender April 9.
“Virender, who was soon out on bail, again threatened the businessman to withdraw the police case but Sahu refused. On April 16, Khurvesh with his associates Sonu and Gaurav fired at Sahu and his nephew Yuvraj,” Kumar said.
However, Sahu and his nephew were unharmed in the incident, the police said.
- Absconding murder accused held after eight years - Jun 17, 2011
- Two drug peddlers held for murder - Apr 15, 2011
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Trial to begin in Batla House shootout case - Feb 15, 2011
- Teacher held for posing as Maoist extorting Rs.2 crore - May 14, 2011
- Woman held for killing husband - Sep 25, 2011
- Three arrested for murder - Nov 07, 2011
- Palande, three others charge-sheeted in Tikku murder case - Jul 06, 2012
- Wanted man arrested in Delhi - Oct 23, 2009
- Man held for kidnapping minor boy - Oct 20, 2011
- Two held for extortion bid in capital - Jan 10, 2011
- Delhi man, four accomplices held for father's murder - Dec 08, 2010
- Gurgaon cops arrest Delhi trader for extortion call - Apr 08, 2012
- Two criminals held in Delhi - Sep 23, 2011
- Kurukshetra University president's killer held in Gurgaon - Apr 05, 2012