Accountant dupes bank of Rs.870,000January 14th, 2009 - 11:48 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 14 (IANS) An accountant of Union Bank of India has allegedly robbed his organisation of Rs.870,000 during his stint at two Chandigarh branches of the bank in 2004, a police officer said Wednesday.A case of cheating was registered against the accused, H.K. Sodhi of Gurgaon, who is currently posted in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
“We have got a complaint from Union Bank of India deputy general manager A.K. Thakur against Sodhi,” an officer of the Economics Offence Wing of the Chandigarh police told IANS.
According to the complaint, Sodhi had served in Chandigarh in 2004 at two branches and fraudulently acquired Rs.870,000 from the bank during his Chandigarh stint.
“The matter came to light during the auditing of the past records of the bank,” the police said.
The police official said the accused did not deposit the cash received from bank clients in their accounts and used to issue them false receipts.
“He has his own three-four accounts in the same bank and police have sealed all his accounts for the time being.”
- Citibank fraud: Manager surrenders in Gurgaon - Dec 30, 2010
- Several parties involved in Citibank fraud, says Aggarwal - Jan 05, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Gurgaon Police summons Puri's parents for interrogation - Jan 04, 2011
- First complaint lodged in Citibank fraud case (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Victim seeks to withdraw complaint - Jan 24, 2011
- Three held for forgery - May 23, 2011
- Three held for hacking bank accounts - Mar 29, 2011
- Lottery scam: Five foreigners sent to judicial custody - Jul 17, 2012
- Fake I-T refunds racket cracked - Apr 16, 2012
- Accountant, wife booked for fraud - Jun 16, 2012
- Citibank fraud: Gurgaon Police registers FIR against Citi Group CEO Pandit - Jan 04, 2011
- Three held for duping 500 people of Rs.50 lakh - Nov 16, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Main accused Puri's remand extended till Friday - Jan 12, 2011
- Citibank fraud: Puri sent to judicial custody till Jan.28 - Jan 14, 2011
- Rs.40 lakh looted from Haryana farmer - Jun 30, 2012