ABVP for CBI probe into killing of Assam youthAugust 2nd, 2012 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 2 (IANS) The Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ANVP) Thursday demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the killing of a youth from Assam in Bihar.
The body of Pritam Bhattacharjee, 25, was found near a railway station on the Barauni-Katihar route in Bhagalpur district last month.
“It appears that Bihar Police is concocting stories instead of finding the culprits. We request the state government to hand over the case to the CBI,” Manoj Nikhra, ABVP leader from the northeast, said here.
The prime suspect in the case, Chattu Sahni, is absconding, a police official said.
Bhattacharjee went missing July 9 from Naugachia station in Bhagalpur, about 200 km from here. Police found his rucksack.
Bhattacharjee disappeared after he chased four youths who had snatched his bag containing his original educational certificates after the train stopped at Naugachia station.
Bhattacharjee, who is from Silchar in Assam, had reportedly told his mother on telephone that he was being tormented by the four on the Awadh-Assam Express.
Bhattacharjee, with a Master’s degree in physics, was going to Delhi to appear for a PhD test.
- Cop suspended for not cooperating in Assam youth's death-probe - Jul 26, 2012
- Policeman suspended over Assam youth's death (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Missing Assam youth's body found in Bihar - Jul 15, 2012
- One dead, 50 injured in Bihar train accident - Oct 08, 2009
- Parts of northeast cut-off, train services disrupted - Oct 22, 2011
- Rajdhani Express derails in Bihar - May 25, 2010
- Rajdhani derails in Bihar, no injuries reported (Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Bihar cop fires on protesting flood victims, suspended - Aug 26, 2011
- ABVP activists baton-charged - Aug 09, 2011
- 43 major train tragedies in two decades (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- 522 Hospitals and Diagnostic Centres to be set up, says Mamata - Feb 24, 2010
- Eight killed as Rajdhani rams auto-rickshaw - Oct 09, 2010
- Mizo woman gang-raped in Assam - Dec 04, 2010
- Spurious liquor kills one in Bihar - Oct 20, 2009
- ABVP slams Chidambaram for defending Ramdev crackdown - Jun 09, 2011
Tags: abvp, akhil, assam, aug 2, awadh, bihar, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, culprits, educational certificates, manoj, patna, police official, prime suspect, railway station, rucksack, sahni, silchar, state government, vidyarthi