Abu Dhabi to host forum on charity, corporate social responsibilityAugust 26th, 2008 - 11:40 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 25 (IANS) Sheikhs, corporate leaders and heads of non-governmental bodies are among a cross-section of people expected to attend the Arab Giving Forum to be held here Jan 5-6 next year.The two-day forum is being organized to promote and disseminate the culture of giving and the concept of corporate social responsibility among individuals and companies, according to the official Emirates News Agency (WAM).
“The meeting will be convened in coincidence with the Abu Dhabi Corporate Social Responsibility Conference which focuses on social development in the Arab World… and will be held to review the pilot experience of the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan in humanitarian work,” Adel Al Shameri, executive manager of Zayed Charity Initiative, said.
The forum, to be jointly organised by the Emirates Group for Social Responsibility and Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry under the patronage of United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) Deputy Prime Minister and chairman of Red Crescent Authority Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, will also discuss various charitable and humanitarian projects being carried out by the UAE in various parts of the world.
“The forum will examine and analyse the present and future reality of Arab giving and voluntary work in order to come out with a common public-private strategy in this field,” Al Shameri said.
- UAE launches global health mission for poor kids - Aug 25, 2010
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE charity campaign arrives in Egypt - Jan 15, 2011
- South Korean team to evaluate development works in UAE - Feb 12, 2011
- UAE armed forces holds mass wedding for troopers - Dec 29, 2011
- Mass wedding held in UAE - Dec 17, 2011
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE to set up camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan - Sep 04, 2012
- Abu Dhabi to host Arab Giving Forum - May 06, 2010
- UAE to launch campaign for Horn of Africa's drought-hit - Aug 17, 2011
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- UAE to have special village for orphans - Jul 05, 2012
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011