Abu Dhabi firm in JV with oil facilities service major PetrofacSeptember 1st, 2008 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 1 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based Mubadala Petroleum Services Company (MPSC) and global oil and gas facilities service provider Petrofac announced Monday their plans to establish a new joint venture company.To be called Petrofac Emirates, the new company will provide a full range of engineering, design, procurement and construction services for onshore oil and gas, refining and petrochemical projects throughout the UAE, according to a statement from MPSC.
MPSC is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi government’s Mubadala Development Company.
The London Stock Exchange-listed Petrofac has its main corporate office in London and major offices in Sharjah in the UAE, Mumbai in India and Aberdeen in Scotland.
According to the MPSC statement, Petrofac Emirates will be based in Abu Dhabi and begin operations in the next few months.
“Petrofac Emirates will provide safe, efficient and cost effective services to the energy industry,” MPSC chairman Ibrahim Al Ansari said in the statement.
“The establishment of this joint venture also furthers the diversification of Abu Dhabi in the energy sector and will contribute to ensure the future sustainability of a very important industry through investment in local capabilities and human resources,” he added.
Rajesh Verma, executive vice-president of Petrofac’s engineering and construction division, said that selected management and engineering staff from his division in Sharjah would be assigned to the joint venture in order to help establish its initial business structure and operating procedures before the end of this year.
“We plan to have a world class engineering centre in Abu Dhabi with several hundred full time staff within the next few years,” he said.
- UAE students to train in France - Apr 25, 2012
- Petrofac to get BP's share in UAE gas plant - Oct 11, 2010
- Air expo opens in Abu Dhabi - Mar 07, 2012
- UAE launches satellite from French Guiana - Apr 23, 2011
- UAE companies happy with 19th IETF held in India - Feb 12, 2011
- Innovation centre to be set up at Infopark - Feb 07, 2011
- Patil inaugurates trade centre, asks UAE to join India's second Green Revolution - Nov 25, 2010
- UAE's Kizad, HSBC sign global partnership agreement - Mar 08, 2011
- Abu Dhabi sovereign fund keen to invest in India - Jan 16, 2012
- Patil accorded warm welcome in UAE, trade, energy security on her agenda - Nov 22, 2010
- UAE students to get training for space mission - May 26, 2010
- Abu Dhabi airport completes 30 years - Jan 04, 2012
- Indian missions in UAE announce special Ramadan timings - Jul 29, 2011
- Brazilian conglomerate gets $2 bn infusion from Abu Dhabi - Mar 27, 2012
- Etisalat says won't participate in 2G auction - Sep 05, 2012