About 150 passengers escape after plane catches fireFebruary 13th, 2009 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 13 (IANS) It was a miraculous escape for about 150 passengers on an Air India plane that caught fire while landing at the Patna airport Friday. But thanks to quick work by the fire brigade neither any damage nor any casualties were reported.
According to an airport official, the Air India plane IC 409 was coming from Delhi to Patna when it suddenly caught fire.
The plane caught fire on its tail during landing and was immediately doused by the fire brigade who acted promptly.
He said an enquiry has been ordered by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and Air India.
After thorough check of the plane by the engineers, it was given clearance to fly back to Delhi.
- Alert pilots save 48 passengers aboard Air India plane (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- Chopper crashes at Chandigarh airport, DGCA to probe (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- Scare at Patna airport as grass catches fire from plane exhaust (Lead) - Feb 13, 2009
- India's first air ambulance crash kills 10, probe ordered (Roundup) - May 26, 2011
- Ministry to set up Faridabad air crash probe panel - May 26, 2011
- DGCA identifies airports of Shimla and Kullu as critical - Aug 06, 2010
- Search still on for Air India aircraft's black box - May 23, 2010
- Chopper crashes in Chandigarh airport, pilots injured (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- 'A burning plane, a thunderous sound' - all hell broke loose - May 26, 2011
- Court reserves order on chopper firm's plea (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- 158 killed as Air India plane plunges down cliff at Mangalore (Afternoon Lead) - May 22, 2010
- Large aircraft allowed from Patna till Aug 31 - Aug 12, 2012
- Miraculous escape for 140 AI passengers - Nov 09, 2010
- Safety aspects of Shimla, Kullu airports enhanced - Nov 26, 2011
- Pilot wisdom saved Munda and others - May 09, 2012