Abhishek Verma, wife sent to jail till July 4 (Lead)June 21st, 2012 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) Abhishek Verma, businessman and naval war room leak case accused, and his wife were Thursday sent to judicial custody till July 4 by a special court here in a graft case.
“Both of them are sent to judicial custody till July 4,” Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Sanjeev Jain said.
Verma and his wife Anca Neacsu, a Romanian national, were presented in court after the expiry of their CBI custody.
Neacsu moved her bail application and the court asked the CBI to file a reply on her plea. The matter would next be heard July 4.
The CBI June 9 arrested Verma and his wife for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms company to stall the blacklisting proceedings initiated against it by the Indian government. They were booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The two accused were arrested a few weeks after the government blacklisted six defence companies, including Switzerland’s Rheinmetall Air Defence (RAD). The CBI June 8 registered a fresh case against Verma and raided his premises.
Verma has been accused of taking $530,000 from RAD for using his influence to stall the blacklisting proceedings against it.
He is also an accused in the 2006 naval war room case linked to leaking classified documents from the directorate of naval operations.
- Bail plea of Abhishek Verma's wife dismissed (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in CBI custody till June 21 (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- CBI to file chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, wife Aug 7 - Aug 01, 2012
- Court gives CBI papers linked to Abhishek Verma's case - Jul 17, 2012
- Abhishek Verma fails to appear in court - Jul 21, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife granted bail, arrested afresh - Aug 08, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in seven days CBI custody - Jun 09, 2012
- CBI to question Abhishek Verma, wife till Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Naval war room case: Abhishek Verma arrested with wife - Jun 08, 2012
- Abhishek Verma's wife denied bail - Aug 30, 2012
- Verma, wife sent to judicial custody in OSA case - Sep 14, 2012
- Abhishek Verma calls fresh case politically motivated - Aug 09, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- Verma, wife sent to 10 days CBI custody - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: air defence, anca neacsu, blacklisting, businessman, cbi, central bureau of investigation, defence companies, expiry, graft case, indian government, jain, judicial custody, naval operations, naval war, prevention of corruption act, rheinmetall, sanjeev, special judge, swiss arms, war room