Abhishek Verma, wife in seven days CBI custodyJune 9th, 2012 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) Businessman and naval war room leak case accused Abhishek Verma and his wife were Saturday sent to seven days’ CBI custody in a graft case by a special court here.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Talwant Singh remanded Verma and his wife Anca Neascu, a Romanian national, to the probe agency’s custody for questioning.
“The accused are sent to police custody till June 16,” said the court.
The CBI had asked for 12 days police custody of the accused saying that they were required to be confronted with documents and emails seized during the investigation.
Verma’s counsel Vijay Agarwal opposed the CBI’s remand plea.
The CBI Friday arrested Verma and his wife for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms company to delist them from the companies blacklisted by the Indian government. They were booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
A few weeks after the Indian government blacklisted six defence companies, including Switzerland’s Rheinmetall Air Defence, the CBI Thursday registered a fresh case against Verma and raided his premises along with a team of Income Tax officials.
Verma is also an accused in the 2006 naval war room leak case linked to leaking classified documents from the Directorate of Naval Operations.
- Abhishek Verma, wife in CBI custody till June 21 (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Court gives CBI papers linked to Abhishek Verma's case - Jul 17, 2012
- Naval war room case: Abhishek Verma arrested with wife - Jun 08, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife sent to jail till July 4 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Bail plea of Abhishek Verma's wife dismissed (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- CBI to file chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, wife Aug 7 - Aug 01, 2012
- CBI to question Abhishek Verma, wife till Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in judicial custody for money laundering - Aug 27, 2012
- Abhishek Verma calls fresh case politically motivated - Aug 09, 2012
- Abhishek Verma fails to appear in court - Jul 21, 2012
- Abhishek Verma faces arrest for money laundering - Aug 21, 2012
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife granted bail, arrested afresh - Aug 08, 2012
- ED to quiz Abhishek, wife - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: air defence, anca, businessman, cbi, central bureau of investigation, defence companies, graft case, indian government, naval operations, naval war, New Delhi, prevention of corruption act, remand, rheinmetall, seven days, special judge, swiss arms, tax officials, vijay agarwal, war room