Abhishek Verma, wife granted bail, arrested afreshAugust 8th, 2012 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 8 (IANS) Soon after a Delhi court Wednesday granted bail to businessman Abhishek Verma and his Romanian wife in a graft case, the CBI arrested them afresh over a forgery complaint filed by Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Ajay Maken.
Following their fresh arrest, the court sent them to judicial custody for a day.
“The arrest has been effected by Inspector Vipin Kumar in the court itself and identity of the investigating officer is not in dispute at all. I do not find any substance in the opposition of the defence counsel in any manner. Keeping in view the facts and circumstances of the case, both the accused are remanded in judicial custody till tomorrow,” the court said.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Sanjeev Jain earlier granted bail to Verma and his wife Anca Maria Neacsu in a corruption case as the CBI failed to file the charge sheet against them within the stipulated 60 days from arrest.
The court granted bail to them on a personal bond of Rs.10 lakh each and two sureties each of the same amount.
Verma, also an accused in the 2006 naval war room leak case, and his wife were arrested June 8 for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms company to stall the blacklisting proceedings against it by the Indian government.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) also filed an application seeking permission to arrest the couple in a money laundering case registered against them. The court allowed the ED to interrogate the two in Tihar Jail.
- Granted bail, Anca will still stay in jail - Aug 29, 2012
- Abhishek Verma's wife denied bail - Aug 30, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife sent to jail till July 4 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife seek bail - Aug 07, 2012
- Bail plea of Abhishek Verma's wife dismissed (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- CBI to question Abhishek Verma, wife till Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Abhishek Verma calls fresh case politically motivated - Aug 09, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in CBI custody till June 21 (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- CBI to file chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, wife Aug 7 - Aug 01, 2012
- Verma, wife move release application in money laundering case - Sep 11, 2012
- Abhishek Verma fails to appear in court - Jul 21, 2012
- Abhishek Verma faces arrest for money laundering - Aug 21, 2012
- Court gives CBI papers linked to Abhishek Verma's case - Jul 17, 2012
- Abhishek Verma, wife in seven days CBI custody - Jun 09, 2012
- Verma, wife sent to 10 days CBI custody - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: blacklisting, cbi, central bureau of investigation, corruption case, defence counsel, delhi court, enforcement directorate, graft case, indian government, judicial custody, minister of state, money laundering, naval war, personal bond, special judge, sureties, swiss arms, vipin kumar, war room, youth affairs