Abhinav Bindra’s father gets contempt noticeOctober 4th, 2008 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Oct 4 (IANS) The Punjab and Haryana High Court has issued a contempt notice to Olympics gold medalist shooter Abhinav Bindra’s father and industrialist A.S. Bindra.
The court has asked Punjab-based Bindra senior to explain why contempt proceedings should not be initiated against him for not complying with court orders in giving salary to an employee under the Industrial Disputes Act who was earlier dismissed from his company, Punjab Meats Limited (PML).
The notice follows a contempt petition moved by former PML employee Joseph K. Masih accusing Bindra of not complying with the court orders.
Masih was dismissed from service nearly a decade back by Bindra’s PML. The labour commissioner here passed an order in 2001 in favour of Masih and asked PML to reinstate him. PML challenged the labour court’s decision in the high court.
Using its petition in the high court as an alibi, PML asked Punjab’s assistant labour commissioner at Mohali town not to implement the earlier order saying the same had been stayed by the high court.
Masih moved the high court again saying he was not being paid wages as per the Industrial Disputes Act and the court orders, and sought contempt proceedings against Bindra.
- Court notice to state, centre on fixed wages - May 05, 2011
- Government gets Delhi High Court contempt notice - May 09, 2012
- Air India moves court against striking pilots - May 23, 2012
- Contempt notice issued to striking Air India pilots (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Land reclaimed after mosque demolition, DDA tells court (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Contempt notice issued to Air India pilots (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Bindra's father asked to pay Rs.27.25 crore dues - Aug 29, 2010
- 16 officers get notice over misuse of national emblem - Dec 08, 2011
- Notice issued to centre, Air India on pilots' plea - Jun 25, 2012
- Call off strike or face contempt of court, lecturers told - Mar 16, 2011
- N.D. Tiwari gets contempt of court notice - Sep 27, 2011
- We have reclaimed land from mosque, DDA tells court - Jan 14, 2011
- Air India pilots say studying court order - May 23, 2012
- Punjab players get cash rewards - Feb 05, 2011
- Mobile phone towers in Chandigarh homes to stay, for now (Lead) - May 24, 2012