Abhinav Bindra’s arrested father remains hospitalisedMay 15th, 2009 - 4:28 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh/New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) Olympics gold medallist Abhinav Bindra’s father A.S. Bindra, who was arrested for fraud by a Delhi Police team in Punjab and hospitalised soon after with chest pain, continued to be in medical care in Chandigarh Friday.
Bindra senior was arrested by the Economic Offences Wing of the Delhi Police from his sprawling farmhouse in Mohali Thursday evening for defrauding a private finance company and a private bank of over Rs.90 million.
Bindra, who was scheduled to be brought to New Delhi Friday, had complained of chest pain immediately after being arrested and was admitted to the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) in Chandigarh’s Sector 32.
Doctors at the GMCH said Friday that Bindra continues to be in the cardiac care unit (CCU) of the hospital.
“He is being kept under observation. Though his ECG was normal last night, he continues to complain of chest pain. His blood pressure is high,” a doctor told IANS.
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat told IANS: “Bindra continues to be in hospital. We are awaiting discharge orders from doctors to bring him to Delhi and produce him in court.”
The arrest followed a non-bailable warrant issued against him by a Delhi court a few days ago in connection with two cases registered against him in November 2006 and February 2007 at the Connaught Place police station.
“We have registered two separate cases of cheating and forgery against him. Once his role was ascertained, a city court issued the non-bailable warrant,” said Bhagat.
Bindra was booked following complaints that he failed to return Rs.43.1 million to private finance company Apple India Financial Services and Rs.50 million to the IndusInd Bank.
He had taken the loans for his company Punjab Meats Limited. He has also been accused of having sold the land that was mortgaged to the bank against the loan amount.
- Delhi police awaits medical clearance to bring Bindra's father - May 18, 2009
- Strong case against Abhinav Bindra's dad: Police (Second Lead) - May 15, 2009
- Have strong case against Abhinav Bindra's father for fraud: police (Lead) - May 15, 2009
- Abhinav Bindra's father to be produced in Delhi court Sunday (Third Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Fraud accused Bindra discharged from hospital - May 24, 2009
- Local court rejects Bindra's transit bail plea - May 19, 2009
- Olympic gold medallist's father questioned over alleged fraud - Jun 03, 2009
- Shooter Bindra's millionaire father arrested for fraud - May 15, 2009
- Bindra's father asked to pay Rs.27.25 crore dues - Aug 29, 2010
- Ramdev hits out on government over aide's arrest - Jul 21, 2012
- NCP leader arrested for illegal mining, hospitalised - Aug 05, 2011
- Sukh Ram surrenders, sent to Tihar Jail (Second Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Sukh Ram surrenders, sent to Tihar (Third Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Nirmal Baba stayed - May 23, 2012