Abhinav Bharat full-timer Chaturvedi sent to MCOCA courtNovember 21st, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Nashik, Nov 21 (IANS) The chief judicial magistrate’s court here Friday sent the latest Malegaon blast case accused, Sudhakar Chaturvedi, to a designated MCOCA (Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act) court in Mumbai.This will enable the Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) to seek his remand in police custody.
Chaturvedi, general secretary of right-wing Hindutva group Abhinav Bharat, was arrested by Mumbai Police earlier in the month for possessing an illegal revolver, live cartridges and a fake Indian Army identity card.
Chaturvedi confessed to the police that he had obtained the weapons and the fake army ID card from Malegaon blast case accused Lt. Col. Prasad Purohit. The army officer too had mentioned Chaturvedi’s name during his interrogation by ATS, the court was told.
The Abhinav Bharat functionary, however, did not reveal to Mumbai Police the purpose for which Purohit gave him the weapons and the ID card, a police official said.
This apparently led the police to conduct a narco analysis test on Chaturvedi in Bangalore, from where he was brought Wednesday and lodged in a jail in Thane.
The police also seized from Chaturvedi a railway ticket for travel from Deolali in Nashik district to Dadar in Mumbai. An Abhinav Bharat full-timer, Chaturvedi owns a house in Deolali but has also rented an accommodation in Mumbai.
ATS Thursday applied the MCOCA provisions to the ten people accused earlier in the Malegaon case, including Sadhvi Pragya Thakur and Purohit.
Six people were killed and 20 injured in the bomb blast in Malegaon Sept 29.
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- MCOCA court sends Abhinav Bharat activist to police custody (Lead) - Nov 21, 2008
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- Pragya Thakur arrested in Madhya Pradesh murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- Malegaon blast accused to contest Uttar Pradesh polls - Jan 23, 2012
- 11 Malegaon blast accused to be charged under MCOCA (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- High court grants bail to two Malegaon blast accused - Aug 03, 2011
- Mecca blast accused sent to judicial custody (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Malegaon blast case: Bombay HC brings backs MCOCA charge against Sadhvi Pragya - Jul 19, 2010
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand claims innocence - Apr 22, 2011
- Army officer refused bail in Malegaon blast case - Nov 10, 2011