Abductors demand Rs.20 lakh to release Bihar studentJune 30th, 2012 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 30 (IANS) Abductors of an engineering student from Bihar have demanded a ransom of Rs.20 lakhs to release him even as search operations have been intensified in the case, a police officer said here Saturday.
Ravi Kumar, a third year civil engineering student at the National Institute of Technology in Patna, was kidnapped June 23 from near his rented house here.
“Abductors called Ravi’s family demanding a ransom of Rs.20 lakh for the student’s safe release,” the police officer said.
Search operations have been intensified and a suspect arrested in the case is being interrogated, he added.
“We have received two ransom calls in the last four days. Senior police officials were also present during the second call,” a relative of the student told IANS over phone from Saharsa, around 240 km from here.
The kidnappers used Ravi’s mobile phone to make the calls, police said.
“I am not happy with police investigation. They are clueless about my son,” said Ravi’s father Ramesh Razak, principal of a school in Madhepura district.
The abductors have threatened to kill Ravi if the ransom was not paid soon, Razak said.
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
- Gang demands Rs.50 lakh for abducted student - Jul 26, 2012
- Bihar student's kidnappers demand Rs.10 mn ransom - Mar 01, 2012
- Hyderabad police intensify search for kidnapped doctor - Sep 05, 2012
- Kidnappers kill six-year-old - Mar 03, 2012
- Rs.20 lakh ransom demanded for Bihar student - Nov 15, 2010
- Abducted Bihar boy found murdered - Aug 26, 2011
- Five-year-old kidnapped in Chandigarh - Dec 23, 2010
- Three students abducted in Madhya Pradesh - Dec 31, 2010
- Businessman abducted in Bihar - Apr 03, 2010
- Maoists abduct official, three workers - Apr 06, 2012
- Kidnapped girl freed in Bengal, abductor held - May 14, 2012
- Five-year-old boy kidnapped in Chandigarh (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: civil engineering, engineering student, institute of technology, june 23, kidnappers, lakh, lakhs, mobile phone, national institute of technology, police investigation, police officer, police officials, ransom, search operations