Abducted woman untraced, husband still in hospitalJuly 29th, 2012 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 29 (IANS) An upper caste woman abducted in Bihar 12 days ago allegedly for marrying a Dalit against her family’s wishes remains untraced, police said Sunday.
The husband, Krishna Prasad Ram, who was stabbed 20 times during the July 17 kidnapping, is still undergoing in a hospital in Motihari town.
Police say there are no clues about the whereabouts of Khushboo Singh, who was seized when she, her husband and their six-month-old son were set to go to a court from the Motihari railway station.
As the husband collapsed, her attackers left presuming he was dead.
Khushboo and Krishna married a year ago in a Bihar court. Both are from Gaunahi village in East Champaran district.
They had come to Motihari for a court case regarding a kidnapping case lodged by her father against Krishna.
“There is no breakthrough in the (case),” police officer Vijay Kumar told IANS over telephone.
Another police official said on the condition of anonymity that Khushboo may have been killed soon after her abduction.
“She may have become a victim of honour killing because she married a Dalit,” he said.
The stabbed husband has blamed his wife’s family for the crime. According to police, all the accused are absconding.
- Woman abducted from Bihar station - Jul 18, 2012
- Bihar teacher beaten to death for dowry - Mar 21, 2012
- Family of KBC Rs.5 crore winner fears his abduction - Oct 30, 2011
- Kidnapped businessman's skeleton recovered - Aug 24, 2011
- Jharkhand youth sentenced to death for beheading girl (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- 12-year-old boy abducted in Bihar - May 09, 2011
- Two held for Ghaziabad gangrape - Mar 15, 2012
- Life is beautiful, finds KBC winner's family - Nov 01, 2011
- Bihar student's kidnappers demand Rs.10 mn ransom - Mar 01, 2012
- My father'll fight for free Manipur till death: rebel leader's son - Dec 02, 2010
- Extortion threats force Bihar doctor couple to leave government service - Sep 06, 2012
- Ex-Pakistani CM booked over actress' abduction - Dec 29, 2011
- Two held in Italy for forcing 10-year-old to marry - Jun 04, 2012
- Man shot in suspected honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 02, 2012
- Bihar kidnappings shock, scare NRIs - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: abduction, anonymity, attackers, champaran, court case, dalit, honour, july 17, khushboo, kidnapping case, krishna prasad, patna, police officer, police official, prasad ram, railway station, town police, upper caste, vijay kumar, woman abducted