Abducted girl found killed, angry kin block national highwayMay 7th, 2011 - 2:06 am ICT by IANS
Kurukshetra/Karnal, May 6 (IANS) A Class 12 student who was abducted from Kurukshetra city in Haryana two days ago was found dead in the fields of Saungory village near Karnal town, the police said Friday.
Police said they found the body of a half-clad girl in the fields of Saungory village Thursday. Following this, they alerted the police of neighbouring districts. During investigation the bodywas found to be of a 16-year-old girl who was abducted from Kurukshetra Wednesday night.
“The victim, a Class 12 student, was abducted from near Jindal Chowk in Kurukshetra around 9 p.m. on Wednesday by some unidentified miscreants in a black Scorpio car. We took her parents to Karnal to identify the body and they recognised their daughter,” said a Kurukshetra police official here Friday.
The girl’s relatives took the body to the national highway No. I, connecting Ambala with Delhi, in Kurukshetra, and blocked traffic for over four hours in the afternoon. They were protesting police apathy and demanded suspension of Kurukshetra police superintendent.
“Police did not listen to us on Wednesday night and told us to come on Thursday morning. They were least interested in this case. If they had acted timely, then this life would have been saved,” said a distraught relative of the girl.
Senior officials of the administration reached the spot in the evening and assured the family members of justice. Due to the blockade, police had to divert the traffic to alternate routes.
Police also suspended the station house officer of Kurukshetra (Sadar) police station, Gulab Singh, for being negligent and failing to take any timely action in the case.
“A departmental inquiry has been marked against Gulab Singh. The girl was physically assaulted and we are raiding various places to nab the accused,” said the official.
Police sources said they have detained a man and his questioning was on.
Kurukshetra is around 100 km and Karnal around 130 km from state capital Chandigarh.
- Three arrested for Haryana girl's rape, murder (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Haryana girl's rape, murder case solved - May 27, 2011
- Kurukshetra girl's rape, murder to be probed by CBI - May 25, 2011
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Born on train, girl is named Mamata Banerjee - Jan 10, 2011
- Trooper arrested for misbehaving with Kashmir girl - Jul 25, 2011
- Man abducted, shot dead in Ghaziabad - May 24, 2010
- Haryana university student alleges gang-rape - May 18, 2012
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012
- Murder witness found dead in Haryana (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Couple found dead in Haryana, police suspect honour killing - Jul 04, 2010
- V-Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Couple found dead in fields, honour killing suspected - Sep 26, 2010
- Murder witness found dead in Haryana - Jun 15, 2011
- Haryana sets up police stations to check power, water theft - Feb 05, 2011
Tags: abducted girl, alternate routes, ambala, apathy, black scorpio, blockade, chowk, house officer, karnal, kurukshetra, miscreants, neighbouring districts, police official, police sources, police station, police superintendent, senior officials, station house, thursday morning, timely action