Abducted Bihar businessman’s family demands JD-U leader’s arrestJune 2nd, 2009 - 3:50 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 2 (IANS) The wife and daughter of Satyendra Kumar Singh, a businessman who was abducted here 10 days ago, Tuesday accused Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Vijay Krishna and his son Chanakya of the crime and demanded his arrest.
Singh, a 50-year-old transporter, was associated with the JD-U. His wife Laxmi Devi has alleged that Vijay Krishna, a former MP, and his son Chanakya were involved in the kidnapping and accused the police of inaction.
“I fail to understand why the police has not yet arrested Vijay Krishna and his son. The police have evidence against them in the case. We demand their immediate arrest,” Laxmi Devi told IANS.
Singh’s daughter Sweety, along with some relatives, met Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and sought his help.
“We demanded justice. We asked him to order an impartial inquiry and police action in the case,” Sweety said.
The family had visited the chief minister’s residence thrice before but had to return without meeting him since he was busy.
On Monday, Gagan Kumar, a domestic help of Chankaya, was arrested in connection with Singh’s abduction. Gagan has reportedly given vital information to the police.
“We have some clues and the investigation is on. The culprits will not be spared,” said Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Neelmani.
Vijay Krishna quit the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) in April ahead of the Lok Sabha elections and joined the JD-U.
- Give death penalty to murderer: wife of slain Bihar businessman - Jan 26, 2010
- JD-U leader denied anticipatory bail in kidnapping case - Jun 09, 2009
- Kidnapped businessman's family slams delay in JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 04, 2009
- Body of abducted Patna businessman found - Jun 12, 2009
- JD-U leader's bail to be challenged in Supreme Court - Jan 08, 2010
- Family of abducted Bihar businessman wants CBI probe - Jun 10, 2009
- Take polygraph test, slain Patna businessman's wife tells ex-MP - Sep 07, 2009
- Bihar JD-U leader arrested for businessman's murder - Aug 20, 2009
- Bihar police intensify efforts to nab murder-accused JD-U leader - Jun 13, 2009
- Police for speedy trial of former MP facing murder charge - Aug 21, 2009
- Murderers should be hanged: Slain businessman's wife - Jun 17, 2009
- Former MP and JD-U leader gets bail in murder case - Jan 07, 2010
- Murder-accused JD-U leader's property attached - Jun 16, 2009
- Arrested former MP handed over to Bihar police (Lead) - Aug 20, 2009
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012