Abducted Bihar boy found murderedAugust 26th, 2011 - 12:42 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 26 (IANS) A day after a 15-year-old boy was abducted for ransom, his body was found near Patna Friday, police said. The incident triggered protests as people demanded action against police for inaction.
Aditya Kumar, a Class 9 student of Patna-based Gayan Nietan School, was kidnapped Thursday when he was on his way to a coaching institute.
The boy’s father Sailesh Kumar, a district agriculture officer, received a call from the kidnappers asking for Rs.75 lakh for his release.
“We informed the police but no action was taken Thursday,” a distraught Kumar told IANS here. He said that quicker police action could have saved his son.
After the boy’s body was found, hundreds of angry people blocked roads and demanded action against the officer in charge of the Gardanibagh police station for his failure to begin a search to trace the boy.
Meanwhile, police said that three suspects have been arrested in the case.
- Body of abducted boy found in Patna - Dec 24, 2010
- Bihar student's kidnappers demand Rs.10 mn ransom - Mar 01, 2012
- Body of abducted boy found - Oct 27, 2011
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
- Kidnapped student rescued, three held (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Tension continues in Chandigarh after kidnapped boy found dead - Jan 06, 2011
- Cancer victim rescued from kidnappers - Oct 22, 2011
- Kidnappers kill six-year-old - Mar 03, 2012
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012
- Kidnapped Andhra schoolboy found murdered - Apr 20, 2012
- Murdered Chandigarh boy's kin return compensation - Jan 20, 2011
- Five-year-old boy kidnapped in Chandigarh (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Kidnappers drop minor boy near house - Dec 11, 2011
- Man held for killing minor in Delhi - Jun 24, 2012
- Body of abducted Bihar businessman found - Jan 28, 2010