Aarushi’s sexual assault could not be established: WitnessAugust 14th, 2012 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Aug 14 (IANS) A forensic expert told a special court here that sexual assault of teen Aarushi could not be established on the basis of samples provide by CBI.
Prosecution witness B.K. Mahapatra, a scientist from the Central Forensic Science Laboratory, told Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge S. Lal that he conducted tests on 27 articles submitted by the probe agency.
He said sexual assault could not be established on the basis of the vaginal swab of Aarushi sent for test.
The court also rejected the defence plea to summon on priority 13 witnesses whose names were mentioned by the CBI in the Supreme Court during Nupur Talwar’s bail plea hearing Monday.
The court would next hear the case Aug 16.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
Nupur Talwar, Aarushi’s mother and accused, was taken into custody April 30. She challenged the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. The teen’s father and co-accused, Rajesh Talwar, is out on bail.
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's plea rejected - Aug 23, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012
- Expert forgets number of visits to Aarushi murder spot - Aug 28, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Witness talks of golf clubs used in crime - Sep 18, 2012
- Talwars may have won over witness: CBI - Sep 13, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: bail plea, cbi, central bureau of investigation, defence plea, domestic help, forensic expert, forensic science laboratory, lal, nupur, parents, priority, prosecution witness, scientist, sexual assault, special judge, supreme court, talwar, vaginal swab