Aarushi’s schoolmates protest character assassinationMay 27th, 2008 - 8:16 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 27 (IANS) Waving banners demanding justice for slain teenager Aarushi Talwar and lighting candles for her soul’s peace, her friends and classmates Tuesday took out a protest march in this suburb of the national capital. Reacting strongly to the allegations made by the police against Aarushi tainting her character, her friends said that they would fight for justice for their friend.
“On what basis are the police officials saying these things about Aarushi? How can they say that she was “objectionably” close to the domestic help (Hemraj)?” cried out one of the young girls during the protest.
The police said Aarushi’s dentist father was in an inebriated state when he killed her May 15 because she had been discussing his extra-marital affairs with her friends. Talwar also objected to the alleged relationship between Aarushi, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School (Noida), with Hemraj, the police said.
Talwar was arrested May 23 for the twin murders and remanded to 14 days judicial custody. On Tuesday, the police were given Talwar’s custody for three days.
The Talwars - both husband and wife are dentists - have denied any role in the gory murder of Aarushi, who was found at their home with her throat slit, and Hemraj, whose body was discovered only the next day.
Carrying banners reading “Justice for Aarushi” and “We miss you Aarushi”, the protesters said it was unfair on the part of police to question the character of a girl who was no longer there to defend herself.
“This kind of character assassination is just not done,” said Vaibhav Sharma, one of the young protestors.
Lighting a candle in front of a huge picture of a smiling Aarushi, Sharma said people should be considerate toward her family and friends’ feelings before they said anything about her.
“If nothing else, please be considerate enough to Aarushi’s friends and close ones who haven’t been able to get over her death and now have to deal with all kinds of false allegations about her character,” he added.
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi's friends, family stage march, demand justice - Jan 06, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Candle-light march demands justice for Hemraj - Jan 05, 2011
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012