Aarushi’s Noida school to open with prayers, counsellingJune 29th, 2008 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 29 (IANS) The murder of teenager Aarushi Talwar and her family’s domestic help has left many children in the city scared. The Delhi Public School (DPS) in Noida, where Aarushi studied, is set to open with a prayer meet Tuesday and says it is ready to counsel students on the issue. “We will have a special assembly and prayer meeting on Tuesday when the school reopens,” Nina Sehgal, principal of DPS (Noida), told IANS.
“We don’t want to unnecessarily remind them of anything. We will first assess the situation and then design our (counselling) programme accordingly,” she added.
Friends and classmates of Aarushi were especially stressed after her dentist father Rajesh Talwar was arrested for her murder.
Said Masuma, mother of Aarushi’s friend Fiza: “Of course children are stressed as they have lost their friend and they would need counseling. And why only children, even adults are stressed due to her brutal murder.”
Aarushi, a Class 9 student, was found dead in her Jalvayu Vihar apartment in suburban Noida May 16. The Noida police initially named the Talwar’s servant Hemraj as the prime suspect but retracted after his body was found on the terrace of the house the next day.
Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar was arrested May 23 and police said he killed his daughter in a fit of rage as he objected to her closeness with Hemraj.
A second arrest in the case was made June 13 when the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) held Talwar’s compounder Krishna. On Friday, Rajkumar, the servant of Talwar’s friends Praful and Anita Durrani, was arrested and his blood-stained T-shirt and bicycle seized.
The case has only turned murkier with every passing day and the CBI has not even been able to establish a motive behind her murder.
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Ghaziabad court charges Talwars with daughter Aarushi's murder - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi case: Rajesh Talwar moves Allahabad HC challenging bailable warrant - Mar 10, 2011
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Aarushi's friends, family stage march, demand justice - Jan 06, 2011
- Aarushi's parents ask for extra documents filed by CBI - Jan 11, 2011
- Aarushi's father Rajesh Talwar attacked in court - Jan 25, 2011
- CBI to court: Rajesh Talwar has no locus standi to argue - Jan 07, 2011
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Aarushi case: Allahabad HC to pronounce verdict on Talwar's plea - Mar 18, 2011
- Aarushi case: Talwars challenge CBI court order in Allahabad HC - Feb 21, 2011
- Allahabad HC upholds CBI stand in Aarushi murder case - Mar 18, 2011