Aarushi’s mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead)April 11th, 2012 - 11:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi/Ghaziabad, April 11 (IANS) The CBI is searching for dentist Nupur Talwar, an accused in the murder of her teenaged daughter Aarushi Talwar, after a special Ghaziabad court issued a non-bailable warrant(NBW) against her for not appearing for a hearing of the case.
“A team had gone to arrest Nupur Talwar at her residence, but she was not found there. A hunt is on to nab her and she might be arrested late in the night,” a CBI officer told IANS.
The officer said that the CBI will execute the court’s order and arrest Nupur Talwar if she is found.
The searches were carried out at the Talwars’ Azad Apartments residence in south Delhi by a team of officers wearing blue jackets with CBI emblazoned on them.
The court of Special Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Priti Singh issued the NBW after Nupur Talwar failed to appear for a hearing. Her dentist husband Rajesh Talwar, also an accused in the case, appeared before the court.
Nupur Talwar submitted an application before the court through her lawyer saying that since her review petition was to be heard by the Supreme Court April 27, she could not turn up before the court Wednesday.
Opposing her application, the CBI claimed that Nupur Talwar was willfully evading her appearance before the court.
At a hearing March 14, Nupur Talwar moved an application citing a Allahabad High Court order asking the CBI court to expeditiously hear her bail plea and asking her to appear before the trial court within 30 days.
On April 5, the CBI filed an application before the high court to recall its March 14 order on the ground that Nupur Talwar had obtained it by concealing material facts.
On April 9, the high court suspended the order in the presence of Nupur Talwar’s counsel and directed her to file her reply to the recall application within two weeks.
“Neither the high court nor the Supreme Court has granted exemption to her from appearing before the court. There is no protection granted by the court to her. She is deliberately evading her appearances. On hearing our plea, the court issued NBW against her,” CBI counsel R.K. Saini said after Wednesday’s hearing.
The Ghaziabad court, during the March 14 hearing, allowed Rajesh Talwar’s to be on bail till April 11. The next hearing is on April 18.
Aarushi, 14, was found dead inside her Noida residence in May, 2008 with her throat slit. The body of the Talwars’ domestic servant Hemraj, initially a suspect in the case, was recovered from the terrace a day later.
- Arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Third Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Fresh arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Second Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: allahabad high court, azad, bail plea, bailable, blue jackets, cbi court, dentist husband, ghaziabad, judicial magistrate, material facts, nbw, New Delhi, nupur, priti, rajesh, reply, south delhi, teenaged daughter, trial court, warrant