Aarushi’s mother put through lie-detector test, may be arrestedJune 15th, 2008 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) Taking forward its probe into the month-old Noida double murders of teenaged Aarushi Talwar and her domestic help, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Sunday conducted a third lie-detector test on the girl’s mother Nupur Talwar, and said her statements contradicted those of her arrested husband. A CBI official said on the basis of her statements Nupur could be arrested.
“We have conducted three lie-detectors tests on Nupur Talwar since Friday. Two tests were conducted at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), including one today, and one at the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), Delhi,” said the official.
He said that Nupur’s statements contradicted those made by her husband, Rajesh Talwar, who has been arrested for his alleged involvement in the May 15 night double murders.
Earlier in the day, the investigating agency carried out a psychological analysis test on Rajesh Talwar in Dasna Jail in Ghaziabad.
During the test, a polygraph instrument collects physiological data of the human body, including sweat gland activity, blood pressure and heartbeat, as questions are put to the person.
“The test will also help in establishing the chain of events on the night of the incident, as to who was killed first,” a CBI source said.
A close friend of Aarushi, wishing anonymity, told IANS that she loved her father very much and was planning to gift him a hand-made painting on Father’s Day (June 15).
On Saturday, Rajesh Talwar’s compounder, Krishna was remanded to three days’ CBI custody. He was arrested Friday evening after a series of scientific tests, including narco analysis, was conducted on him in Bangalore.
The CBI had sought 14 days’ custody of Krishna, saying it needed him to help recover the weapon used in the May 15 night murders, the missing mobile phones and blood stained clothes, besides for the arrest of other accomplices.
The CBI Saturday cordoned off the Noida house of the Talwars and thoroughly checked the water tanks on the terrace and the water pipes to search for the missing murder weapon.
According to CBI sources, the agency received an anonymous tip-off about the murder weapon, now believed to be a khukri, a curved short knife. The Noida police had earlier said the murders were committed with a surgical knife.
The CBI also visited the house of the Durranis, close friends of the Talwars, Saturday and late Friday night and interrogated them as well as their servant, Raj Kumar. was close to Hemraj, the murdered domestic help of the Talwars.
According to CBI sources, Raj Kumar mentioned that three people were involved in the murders of Aarushi and Hemraj, the domestic help of the Talwars, with whom he was close.
CBI sources said more arrests are likely in the sensational case.
CBI Joint Director Arun Kumar, who led the search at Talwar’s residence Saturday, tried to recreate the timing of the crime. He went from L-14, where Krishna stayed, to L-32 of the Talwars, through the terrace.
The investigators also questioned guards, security supervisors and a garbage collector.
CBI sources also revealed that an industrialist friend of the Talwars and the Durranis is to be put through a lie detector test. The industrialist, who works with Flex Industries, had lent his car to the Talwars in which they went to Haridwar to cremate Aarushi.
Aarushi, 14, was found killed in her Noida home on May 16 morning. While the police initially named missing domestic help Hemraj as the main suspect, they found his body on the terrace of the house the next day. Rajesh Talwar was arrested May 23 as a prime suspect.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi case trial adjourned till May 21 - May 16, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar to continue on bail - Mar 14, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Talwars charged with Aarushi, Hemraj murders (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi case: Court rejects plea of Talwar's parents (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 18, 2011
- Nupur Talwar points to inconsistencies in CBI probe - May 04, 2012