Aarushi’s mother Nupur interrogatedJune 24th, 2008 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 24 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Tuesday interrogated Nupur and Rajesh Talwar in connection with their teenaged daughter’s murder last month. Nupur is likely to be subjected to another lie detector test in the coming days. Nupur was questioned briefly by the CBI sleuths at the agency headquarters on the murder of her daughter Aarushi and their domestic help, Hemraj, at their flat in suburban Noida on May 15-16 night.
“Nupur was questioned for 15 minutes. Her lie detector test was scheduled for today (Tuesday). But it could not be conducted as she arrived late,” highly placed CBI sources said. Her lie-detector test is likely to be conducted in the next few days.
Nupur has so far been subjected to three tests - two at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and one at the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), Delhi.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered in her parents’ Jal Vayu Vihar apartment in suburban Noida May 16. The police initially named the family domestic help Hemraj as the prime suspect, but backtracked when his body was found on the terrace of the apartment the next day.
The police arrested Rajesh Talwar, a dentist, May 23 saying he had killed the two as he was opposed to the close ties between Aarushi and Hemraj and also because she knew about his extra-marital relationship with a colleague, Anita Durani.
The agency arrested Krishna, the compounder of Rajesh Talwar, on June 13 and said he had confessed to his involvement in the murders.
The CBI, which took over the case June 1, has not yet been able to locate the weapon used in the double murders or establish the motive for the crime.
On Monday, the CBI was given four more days’ custody of Krishna. The probe agency had earlier claimed to have recovered a ‘khukri’ (curved short knife) from Krishna’s room. The knife has been sent for forensic examination.
According to sources, forensic tests on the khukri have ruled out its use in the crime.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012
- CBI presents witnesses against Talwars (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Aarushi murder scene was dressed up, says CBI closure report - Jan 01, 2011
- Nupur Talwar's plea rejected - Aug 23, 2012
- Aarushi's sexual assault could not be established: Witness - Aug 14, 2012
- Blood on Aarushi's clothes was her own: Forensic expert - Jul 31, 2012
- CBI points finger at Aarushi's parents, but lacks evidence (Roundup) - Jan 01, 2011
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012