Aarushi’s father undergoes lie detector testJune 4th, 2008 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Wednesday conducted a lie detector test on Rajesh Talwar, accused of killing his teenaged daughter Aarushi and family help Hemraj in Noida. “There is a high possibility that Talwar knows the whereabouts of the mobile phones of Aarushi and Hemraj,” a CBI official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
A court, which Tuesday granted two-day CBI custody of dental surgeon Talwar, also permitted the agency to conduct the lie detector test.
The investigating agency told the court Tuesday that Talwar was not cooperative and was giving “evasive” answers during interrogation.
“The test will also help in establishing the chain of events on the night of the incident, as to who was killed first,” the official said.
Aarushi, 14, was found dead in her Jal Vayu Vihar apartment in Noida with her throat slit May 16. The police initially named Hemraj the main accused but backtracked after his body was found on the terrace of the apartment a day later.
Police arrested Talwar May 23, accusing him of killing his daughter in a fit of rage as he objected to her closeness to Hemraj. The police had said at that time that he first killed Hemraj and then his daughter.
- Aarushi case: Dental association 'shocked' over court order - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi case: Ghaziabad court issues warrants against Talwars - Feb 28, 2011
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea - Mar 26, 2012
- Gate of Talwars' flat was locked from outside: Maid - Sep 03, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- 'Uttar Pradesh Police investigation was professional' - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi's parents to face trial, Supreme Court rules (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Second Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Reply to Aarushi parents' plea, Supreme Court tells CBI - Feb 21, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Apex court reserves verdict on Talwars' trial transfer plea - Feb 27, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Talwars charged with Aarushi, Hemraj murders (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges inconclusive (Lead) - May 22, 2012