Aarushi murder scene photos flawed: DefenceJuly 2nd, 2012 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 2 (IANS) There is a mismatch between several of the 23 crime scene photographs and their negatives submitted by the prosecution, a defence counsel told a court here trying the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
The photographs were taken by Uttar Pradesh Police photographer Chunni Lal Gautam, who also lifted the finger prints from the crime scene soon after the crime.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found murdered in her parents’ Noida flat on the morning of May 16, 2008, with her throat slit, while her domestic help Hemraj was found killed a day later on the terrace of the house.
Aarushi’s parents are being tried for the crime.
Defence counsel G.P. Thareja claimed that the prosecution submitted 23 photographs along with negatives but eight photographs did not match their negatives.
Out of the four negatives presented by the probe agency, four did not seem to have been printed as photographs, he said.
We have submitted the court to order the prosecution to file the complete set of 23 photographs along with their respective negatives, he said.
The court adjourned the hearing for Tuesday and to decide on our prayer, defence lawyer Manoj Shishodia.
Earlier, the photographer failed to explain the technique with which he lifted the finger prints from the crime scene.
The court charged Aarushi’s parents, Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar, with murder read with common intention. Rajesh Talwar was additionally accused of misleading thepolice.
- Aarushi murder: CBI says defence tampered with evidence - Jul 10, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- CBI produces witnesses against Talwars - Jun 08, 2012
- CBI presents witnesses against Talwars (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012
- Blood on Aarushi's clothes was her own: Forensic expert - Jul 31, 2012
- Expert forgets number of visits to Aarushi murder spot - Aug 28, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Magistrate appears as witness - Jul 18, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Talwars charged with Aarushi, Hemraj murders (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges end, order Thursday (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail rejected, moves apex court (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: crime scene photographs, defence counsel, defence lawyer, domestic help, double murder case, finger prints, gautam, intention, lal, mismatch, murder scene photos, parents, photographer, prayer, prosecution, talwar, thepolice, throat slit