Aarushi murder: Rajesh Talwar set free (Lead)July 11th, 2008 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad/New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) Hours after getting a clean chit from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the murders of his daughter and domestic help, dentist Rajesh Talwar was set free by a special court in Ghaziabad Friday. Special Magistrate Sapna Mishra Tripathi discharged Talwar after the CBI moved an application before the court under section 169 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC), seeking release of the accused as the evidence against him was insufficient.
The court set Talwar free after he furnished a personal bond and two sureties of Rs.500,000 each.
The court has not imposed any restriction on the movement of Talwar but asked him to cooperate with the investigating agency as and when required.
“I hope he will be able to reach his home tonight and grieve about his daughter’s death,” said Pinaki Mishra, Talwar’s lawyer.
But Mishra was not sure if they would instantly move a defamation case against Noida Police for having named Talwar as the prime suspect in the May 15 night double murder. “These things are not easy in India,” he told reporters.
Reacting to the development, a visibly relaxed Nupur Talwar said: “God has listened to our prayer. We are thankful to god as justice has finally prevailed.”
Aarushi and Hemraj were found murdered at the Talwars’Jalvayu Vihar flat in Noida May 16 morning.
The CBI said the agency had “found no solid evidence” against Talwar and that the murders were committed by his compounder Krishna along with two others - Raj Kumar and Vijay Mandal.
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Aarushi case: Rajesh Talwar moves Allahabad HC challenging bailable warrant - Mar 10, 2011
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges inconclusive (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Aarushi case: Ghaziabad court issues warrants against Talwars - Feb 28, 2011
- Framing of charges underway in Aarushi case - May 22, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges conclude, order Thursday - May 23, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Aarushi case: Hearing adjourned till Tuesday (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges end, order Thursday (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Aarushi murder: CBI's haste to shut case questioned (Roundup) - Jan 03, 2011
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012