Aarushi murder: Post-mortem doctor deposes in courtJuly 24th, 2012 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 24 (IANS) In the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, the CBI Tuesday presented a doctor, who conducted the post-mortem on the teen, as its fifth witness.
Doctor Sunil Kumar Dohre told Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge S. Lal that he found four injuries on Aarushi’s body, some of which were caused by a blunt weapon.
When the court asked him if he thought that some of her wounds could have been inflicted by an object like a golf club, Dohre said since a golf club was also a blunt object it could have caused the injuries.
The court adjourned the hearing till July 25.
Defence lawyer Satyketu Singh earlier filed an application before the court in which he submitted that the CBI was keeping them in the dark about which witness would be presented in court.
It was an attempt to prevent the defence from cross examining the witness properly, he said.
Doctor Naresh Raj, who conducted the post-mortem of Hemraj, could not turn up in court.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of the family’s domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
The CBI special court has framed charges against the Aarushi’s parents — Rajesh and Nupur — in the double murder case.
The court charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
In addition, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information in respect of an offence committed) of the IPC.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30 and is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad district since then. She has challenged in the Supreme Court the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her plea for bail.
- Aarushi murder: Defence says witness doctor unreliable - Jul 25, 2012
- Aarushi case: Hearing adjourned till June 8 (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Talwars formally charged with murders - May 25, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Magistrate appears as witness - Jul 18, 2012
- Talwars charged with Aarushi, Hemraj murders (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Talwars charged with Arushi, Hemraj murders (Lead) - May 24, 2012
- CBI produces witnesses against Talwars - Jun 08, 2012
- Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur Talwar - Jun 07, 2012
- CBI opposes Nupur Talwar's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- CBI presents witnesses against Talwars (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: allahabad, blunt object, cbi, central bureau of investigation, defence lawyer, doctor who, domestic help, double murder case, false information, ghaziabad, indian penal code, ipc, lal, naresh, nupur, post mortem, raj, rajesh, special judge, talwar