Aarushi murder: Decision on CBI’s closure report Wednesday (Second Lead)February 8th, 2011 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 8 (IANS) A special CBI court here Tuesday adjourned till Wednesday its ruling on the investigating agency’s closure report in teenager Aarushi Talwar’s murder case.Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Magistrate Preeti Singh was told by the probe agency that it had not found any substantial evidence in the case and a closure report was its only option.
“The fingerprints found on a (blood stained) wall also could not be verified by the forensic lab,” CBI lawyer R.K. Saini told the court.
“The Talwars did not cooperate in the investigation and the CBI did not find any substantial evidence. Hence it had no option but to submit the closure report.”
Saini requested the court to accept the closure report.
He said the probe agency failed to establish the motive and the sequence of the crime.
Satish Tamta, appearing for Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar, opposed the CBI plea and requested the court not to accept its closure report as it “had not submitted the complete facts and evidence before the court”.
He urged the court to instruct the agency to investigate the case further using latest scientific techniques.
The lawyer said a low count DNA test should be conducted for the fingerprints on the blood stained wall on the terrace of Talwars’ Noida house.
The CBI opposed Saini’s plea and said the forensic lab already had shown its inability to conduct the highly expensive test.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered under mysterious circumstances in her parents’ Jalvayu Vihar apartment in Noida, May 16, 2008. Their domestic help Hemraj was initially suspected for the killing, but his body was found on the flat’s terrace a day later.
- Aarushi case: Parents to be tried for murder (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Court verdict on Aarushi case closure report Wednesday (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Aarushi murder: CBI orders parents' trial (Third Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Talwars to be tried for Aarushi's murder (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges inconclusive (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Framing of charges underway in Aarushi case - May 22, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar points to inconsistencies in CBI probe - May 04, 2012
- Aarushi's parents ask for extra documents filed by CBI - Jan 11, 2011
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges end, order Thursday (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Aarushi murder: CBI's haste to shut case questioned (Roundup) - Jan 03, 2011
- Talwars charged with Aarushi, Hemraj murders (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012