Aarushi murder: Court adjourns hearing till Feb 29 (Lead)February 4th, 2012 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 4 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here Saturday adjourned the hearing in teenager Aarushi Talwar’s murder case till Feb 29.
Satish Tamta, counsel for Aarushi’s parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, both doctors, submitted before the court that the trial proceedings here be stopped till the plea of the father in the Supreme Court to shift the case to Delhi was disposed of.
R.K. Saini, the public prosecutor from the CBI, requested the court to continue the trial since the prosecution had not received any communication from the apex court.
After hearing arguments from both the sides, Special Judicial Magistrate Preeti Singh adjourned the hearing.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi, a student of Delhi Public School, was found murdered in her Noida apartment May 16, 2008. The family’s domestic help, Hemraj, who was initially suspected to be the prime suspect, was also found killed on the terrace a day later.
The case was heard Saturday after a gap of about a year.
Rajesh Talwar earlier sought an exemption from physical presence in court after he sustained critical injuries in an attack on him in the court premises.
Nupur Talwar, in her separate application, submitted that she was also unable to appear before the court since she had to appear before the Allahabad High Court to submit an affidavit in the appeal filed by her against an earlier order of the trial court.
Aarushi’s father was attacked in the Ghaziabad court premises by a man in February 2011. After this attack, he filed a petition in the Supreme Court to shift the trial from Ghaziabad to Delhi.
- Aarushi murder: Court adjourns hearing till Feb 29 - Feb 04, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar to continue on bail (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges conclude, order Thursday - May 23, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: affidavit, allahabad high court, apex court, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, court premises, critical injuries, delhi public school, domestic help, feb 29, gap, judicial magistrate, murder case, nupur, physical presence, prime suspect, public prosecutor, rajesh, trial court, trial proceedings