Aarushi murder accused wants court notice to CBI before interrogationJanuary 3rd, 2009 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Jan 3 (IANS) Raj Kumar, an accused in the Aarushi murder case, has appealed to a court here to ask the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to justify its need to question him again.Raj Kumar’s counsel Naresh Yadav Saturday filed an application in the court of Judicial Magistrate (CBI) Abhitam Upadhyay seeking a direction to the CBI to state the reasons before the court for obtaining his custody and the conditions under which he would be interrogated.
Raj Kumar is among the accused of murdering teeneger Aarushi and her family’s domestic help Hemraj at their Noida home May 16, 2008.
After the CBI failed to file a charge sheet, he was released from custody and had reurned to his home in Nepal. Following an Interpol notice, he has returned here.
“The CBI suddenly asked Raj Kumar to come to India from Nepal for interrogation. We are not denying them this right but they have to do it as per the legal process. We fear that by taking Raj Kumar alone, they might subject him to physical torture and could fabricate false charges against him,” said Yadav.
“The CBI is reluctant to appear before court and take Raj Kuamar for questioning. We have asked the court to serve legal notices on the CBI,” he said.
Citing Section 160 of the Criminal Procedure Code, Yadav said it was mandatory for the CBI to appear in court and then take the accused for interrogation after a medical examination.
Raj Kumar, who was present in the court premises, said he had to halt his studies to come to India. He is studying in class XI at Butwal in Nepal.
Asked about the double murder, Raj Kumar said: “I know nothing about it.”
- Aarushi murder: Post-mortem doctor deposes in court - Jul 24, 2012
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- CBI seeks to close Aarushi murder case, parents 'broken' (Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Aarushi murder: Court rejects father's request for papers (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Rajesh Talwar 'suspected accused': CBI - Jan 21, 2011
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar not to be given CBI documents, rules court (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea - Mar 26, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Talwars killed my husband, Hemraj's wife tells court (Lead) - Mar 26, 2011
- Blood on Aarushi's clothes was her own: Forensic expert - Jul 31, 2012
- Aarushi case: Hemraj's widow claims he talked of a 'threat' to his life - Mar 27, 2011