Aarushi murder accused Raj Kumar’s bail plea rejectedSeptember 9th, 2008 - 2:08 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh), Sep 9 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court Tuesday rejected the bail plea of Raj Kumar, an accused in the murders of teenager Aarushi Talwar and her domestic help Hemraj.The bail plea was rejected by special CBI magistrate Sapna Mishra, a day before the Sep 10 deadline to file a chargesheet in the double murder.
Defence counsel had submitted the bail application Saturday for consideration on Tuesday. He argued that the CBI could not produce any evidence against the domestic help and therefore Raj Kumar should be released on bail.
The CBI counsel opposed bail for the domestic help stating that investigation in the case was on and there were chances of him fleeing.
Aarushi was found killed with her throat slit in her Noida home May 16. The Noida police initially blamed family help Hemraj but backtracked after his body too was found a day later on the terrace of the apartment.
Aarushi’s dentist father Rajesh Talwar was arrested a week later. On July 11, CBI director Arun Kumar gave a clean chit to Talwar and accused his medical assistant Krishna and two others, Raj Kumar and Vijay Mandal, on the basis of narco analysis tests.
The CBI has to file a chargesheet within 90 days of the first arrest, failing which the three accused can get bail.
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea - Mar 26, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012