Aarushi-Hemraj killings: the perfect murder mystery (Timeline)May 15th, 2009 - 4:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) The double murders shocked Indians and dominated not just headlines but also drawing room conversations for weeks. A year on, the killings of 14-year-old Aarushi Talwar and her domestic help Hemraj in Delhi’s satellite town of Noida remain unsolved despite many twists and turns.
Here is a timeline on the two crimes:
May 16, 2008
* Aarushi Talwar, the daughter of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar found dead with her throat slit in the bedroom of her flat in Jalvayu Vihar in suburban Noida; domestic help Hemraj suspected.
May 17, 2008
* Hemraj’s body found on the terrace of Talwar’s house.
* Noida Sector 20 station house officer shifted for lapses in investigations.
* Autopsy report rules out sexual assault.
May 18, 2008
* Police say murders done with surgical precision; insider job suspected.
* Superintendent of Police (City) Mahesh Mishra shifted out.
May 19, 2008
* Talwar’s former domestic help Vishnu Sharma named a suspect.
May 21, 2008
* Delhi Police join murder probe; police say murder committed by “doctor or butcher”.
May 22, 2008
* Family under suspicion; honour killing angle probed; police quiz Aarushi’s close friend Anmol, whom she spoke with on the phone 688 times in the 45 days before she was murdered.
May 23, 2008
* Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar arrested for twin murders.
May 31, 2008
* Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) takes over the case from Noida Police.
June 13, 2008
* Krishna, Rajesh Talwar’s compounder, arrested by CBI.
June 27, 2008
* Raj Kumar, the servant of Anita Durani - a doctor friend of dentist Rajesh Talwar, arrested by CBI.
July 11, 2008
* Rajesh Talwar set free by local court following CBI failing to get evidence against him.
* Vijay Mandal, the domestic help of Talwars’ neighbour Capt Tandon, arrested by CBI.
Sep 4, 2008
* Vijay Mandal released on bail.
Sep 12, 2008
* Krishna and Raj Kumar released on bail.
* CBI announces a cash reward of Rs.100,000 for clues leading to recovery of weapon of offence and mobile phones of Aarushi and Hemraj.
Oct 2, 2008
* Raj Kumar and Krishna leave for Nepal
* Rajesh and Nupur Talwar shift residence to south Delhi in early May.
* While Krishna is still in Delhi; Raj Kumar is in Samastipur in Bihar and Vijay Mandal is in Kapilavastu, Nepal.
* CBI is still looking for evidence in the twin murders.
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea - Mar 26, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Aarushi's parents want to meet CBI director - Dec 30, 2010
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders: Four years of a whodunit - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Netizens demand justice for Aarushi - Dec 30, 2010
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Court rejects father's request for papers (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2011