Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queriesAugust 27th, 2012 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Aug 27 (IANS) A forensic expert could not answer in a special court here Monday some defence queries on samples lifted from the scene of the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder, a lawyer said.
Defence lawyer Manoj Shishodia said the Central Forensic Science Laboratory B.K. Mahapatra said he did not remember from which place at the murder spot he lifted which sample.
Mahapatra had visited the spot along with 12 other scientists June 1, 2008.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
The cross-examination of Mahapatra was held for the fifth day before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge S. Lal.
The court adjourned the proceedings till Tuesday, Shishodia said.
The defence lawyer said Mahapatra said in the court that he did not remember whether a pillow found in Aarushi’s room was of her own or of somebody else.
He said that Mahapatra’s statements pointed that the CBI had failed to establish the crime scientifically.
Shishodia said that when the expert was asked whether he clicked photos of the articles collected for performing tests as per the rules laid down by the National Accreditation Board of Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), the scientist answered in negative.
The scientist claimed that the CFSL followed its own manual, he said.
Teen Aarushi’s father Rajesh Talwar and mother Nupur Talwar are the accused in the double murder.
Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30 and she challenged in the apex court the May 31 Allahabad High Court order rejecting her bail plea. She is lodged in Dasna jail in Ghaziabad. Her husband is out on bail.
- Expert forgets number of visits to Aarushi murder spot - Aug 28, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- Blood on Aarushi's clothes was her own: Forensic expert - Jul 31, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's plea rejected - Aug 23, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- Aarushi's sexual assault could not be established: Witness - Aug 14, 2012
- CBI produces witnesses against Talwars - Jun 08, 2012
- CBI presents witnesses against Talwars (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Witness talks of golf clubs used in crime - Sep 18, 2012
- Aarushi murder scene photos flawed: Defence - Jul 02, 2012
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Defence says witness doctor unreliable - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: apex, apex court, bail plea, calibration laboratories, cbi, central bureau of investigation, cfsl, cross examination, defence lawyer, double murder, fifth day, forensic expert, forensic science laboratory, lal, national accreditation board, nupur, scientist, special judge, talwar, witness