Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printingJune 29th, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 29 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Police expert who lifted finger prints and shot photos at the scene of teenager Aarushi Talwar’s murder in May 2008, Friday failed to explain to a local CBI court here the technique by which he lifted the finger prints.
Chunni Lal Gautam submitted that he had clicked 23 photos and submitted these to the CBI. He revealed to the court that he lifted the finger prints from Aarushi’s room, its door, Aarushi’s family servant Hemraj’s room and its door and the spot where the dead body of Hemraj was found at the terrace.
After he submitted the details, defence lawyer Satyaketu Singh cross-examined him and asked him to explain the technique by which he had lifted the finger prints. Gautam failed to explain the technique before the court and could not reply.
The court then adjourned the hearing to July 2, 2012, to continue Gautam’s cross-examination by defence lawyers.
To cross-examine Chunni Lal Gautam, Aarushi’s parents Rajesh and Nupur Talwar had sought the original records of the finger prints of Aarushi and those found on various articles at the crime scene, where she was found murdered.
The CBI on Monday (June 25) opposed the Talwars’ plea for providing them the original records of Aarushi’s finger prints.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi was found murdered in her parents’ Noida flat on the morning of May 16, 2008, with her throat slit, while her domestic help Hemraj was found killed a day later on the terrace of the house.
- Aarushi murder scene photos flawed: Defence - Jul 02, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Expert forgets number of visits to Aarushi murder spot - Aug 28, 2012
- Blood on Aarushi's clothes was her own: Forensic expert - Jul 31, 2012
- Ex-cop talks of bid to doctor Aarushi's autopsy report - Aug 30, 2012
- CBI presents witnesses against Talwars (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- No blood stains seen on Rajesh Talwar's dress: Witness - Sep 12, 2012
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- CBI produces witnesses against Talwars - Jun 08, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's plea rejected - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: cbi court, crime scene, cross examination, defence lawyer, defence lawyers, domestic help, family servant, finger printing, finger prints, gautam, june 29, lal, nupur, original records, plea, police expert, rajesh, s finger, shot photos, throat slit