Aarushi case: Hearing adjourned till Tuesday (Lead)May 21st, 2012 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, May 21 (IANS) A trial court here has adjourned till Tuesday the hearing in the 2008 twin murders of teenager Aarushi Talwar and her family’s domestic help, Hemraj.
While the Central Bureau of Investigation opposed the defence plea for 15 day’s time to inspect the papers submitted by the probe agency, special CBI judge S. Lal granted a day’s time and adjourned the hearing till Tuesday.
Aarushi’s parents, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, are being tried for the twin murders.
On May 16, Judge Lal had deferred the hearing till Monday to allow the CBI to provide documents to Aarushi’s parents.
The sessions court had started the trial May 11, almost four years after the crime.
Also on May 16, the Supreme Court had reserved its verdict on Nupur Talwar’s petition seeking review of its Jan 6 order directing her and Rajesh Talwar to stand trial for the twin murders.
The apex court bench of Justice A.K. Patnaik and Justice J.S. Khehar had reserved the verdict on the conclusion of arguments by senior counsel Pinaki Misra, appearing for Nupur Talwar.
Misra assailed a Ghaziabad magistrate court’s order that rejected the closure report filed by the CBI in the double murder and took cognizance of the offence against the Talwars.
The CBI filed its closure report in December 2010 before the magistrate’s court in Ghaziabad.
The Talwars are facing charges of murder, conspiracy and destruction of evidence.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her family’s domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
- Aarushi murder case adjourned till Tuesday (Second Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges conclude, order Thursday - May 23, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges end, order Thursday (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges inconclusive (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Framing of charges underway in Aarushi case - May 22, 2012
- Aarushi case: Hearing adjourned hearing till Tuesday - May 21, 2012
- Hearing in Aarushi murder case adjourned till May 16 - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi murder case to be heard Friday (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Aarushi case trial adjourned till May 21 - May 16, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
Tags: apex court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, closure report, cognizance, court bench, defence plea, domestic help, double murder, lal, magistrate court, misra, murder conspiracy, murders, nupur, rajesh, senior counsel, sessions court, talwar, trial court