Aarushi case: Hearing adjourned till June 8 (Lead)June 4th, 2012 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 4 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Ghaziabad Monday adjourned the hearing in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case till June 8.
Central Bureau of Investigation Special Judge S. Lal put off the hearing after the Bar Association of Ghaziabad decided to suspend work following the death of a lawyer.
Aarushi’s parents, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, are being tried for the 2008 murders.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
The CBI court had May 25 formally framed charges against the Talwars.
The court charged the Talwars under sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201 (destruction of evidence with common intention) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In addition to these, the court charged Rajesh Talwar under section 203 (giving false information respecting an offence committed) of IPC.
- Aarushi murder: Post-mortem doctor deposes in court - Jul 24, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Talwars formally charged with murders - May 25, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Magistrate appears as witness - Jul 18, 2012
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Justice will one day prevail, say Rajesh and Nupur Talwar - Jun 07, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Defence says witness doctor unreliable - Jul 25, 2012
- Talwars charged with Aarushi, Hemraj murders (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Aarushi case: SC rejects Nupur Talwar's review plea (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- CBI opposes Nupur Talwar's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- SC rejects plea, Talwars vow to nail Aarushi killers (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Talwars formally charged with murders (Second Lead) - May 25, 2012
- SC rejects plea, Talwars vow to nail Aarushi killers (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: cbi court, central bureau of investigation, domestic help, double murder case, false information, indian penal code, intention, ipc, lal, lawyer, murders, nupur, offence, parents, rajesh, special judge, talwar