Aarushi case: Arguments on charges conclude, order ThursdayMay 23rd, 2012 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, May 23 (IANS) Arguments on framing charges against Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, the parents of murdered teenager Aarushi, concluded in a Ghaziabad court Wednesday. Special CBI judge S. Lal reserved his order, which will be pronounced Thursday.
The arguments had begun Tuesday. This was after the court had Monday adjourned the case for a day after the Talwar’s counsel had sought 15 days to study the documents submitted by the Central Bureau of Investigation.
On May 16, the court had deferred the hearing till Monday to allow the CBI to provide documents to Aarushi’s parents.
The sessions court started the trial May 11, almost four years after the crime.
Also on May 16, the Supreme Court had reserved its verdict on Nupur Talwar’s petition seeking review of its Jan 6 order directing her and Rajesh Talwar to stand trial for the murder of Aarushi and the family’s domestic help, Hemraj.
An apex court bench of Justice A.K. Patnaik and Justice J.S. Khehar had reserved the verdict on the conclusion of arguments by senior counsel Pinaki Misra, appearing for Nupur Talwar.
Misra assailed a Ghaziabad magistrate court’s order that rejected the closure report filed by the CBI in the double murder and took cognizance of the charge against the Talwars.
The CBI filed its closure report in December 2010 before the magistrate’s court in Ghaziabad.
The Talwars are facing charges of murder, conspiracy and destruction of evidence.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. Hemraj’s body was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges end, order Thursday (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Aarushi case: Hearing adjourned till Tuesday (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges inconclusive (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Framing of charges underway in Aarushi case - May 22, 2012
- Aarushi murder case adjourned till Tuesday (Second Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Supreme Court reserves verdict on Nupur Talwar's plea (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- CBI backs magistrate's stand against Talwars (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- High court decision March 18 on Aarushi's mother's plea - Mar 08, 2011
- Nupur Talwar points to inconsistencies in CBI probe - May 04, 2012
- Aarushi's parents to face trial: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Aarushi case: Rajesh Talwar moves Allahabad HC challenging bailable warrant - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: apex, apex court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, closure report, cognizance, court bench, domestic help, double murder, ghaziabad, lal, magistrate court, misra, murder conspiracy, nupur, petition, rajesh, senior counsel, sessions court, teenager