Aarushi case: Apex court backs magistrate’s standMay 9th, 2012 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 9 (IANS) The Supreme Court Wednesday said that a magistrate’s court could not have appreciated the entire material before it while rejecting the closure report filed by the CBI in the 2008 Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj double murder.
An apex court bench of Justice A.K. Patnaik and Justice J.S. Khehar said this when senior counsel Harish Salve, appearing for teenager Aarushi’s mother and accused Nupur Talwar, told the court that the magistrate in Uttar Pradesh before rejecting the closure report did not see the other material.
The senior counsel told the court that the magistrate took note of the medical opinion that was an improvement on the original post mortem report. Salve told the court that “if the magistrate had seen the file it would have been a completely different evaluation”.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of her family’s domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
- Aarushi case: Apex court backs magistrate's stand (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- CBI backs magistrate's stand against Talwars (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Nupur Talwar points to inconsistencies in CBI probe - May 04, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- SC to look into scope of magistrate's order on cognizance of offence - May 11, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges conclude, order Thursday - May 23, 2012
- Aarushi case: Hearing adjourned till Tuesday (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges end, order Thursday (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Supreme Court reserves verdict on Nupur Talwar's plea (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges inconclusive (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Aarushi case: CBI gets notice on Talwars' plea (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Framing of charges underway in Aarushi case - May 22, 2012
- Aarushi murder case adjourned till Tuesday (Second Lead) - May 21, 2012
- SC orders release of Nupur Talwar on bail (Third Lead) - Sep 17, 2012