Aamir Khan to educate people about protecting tourismJanuary 20th, 2009 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 20 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan will now sensitise people to preserve India’s rich cultural heritage and teach them to be welcoming to foreign tourists.Khan has been appointed Brand Ambassador of the tourism ministry’s Incredible India campaign.
He has shot two TV commercials as part of the ministry’s Social Awareness Campaign this year. The commercials shot at Kanheri caves in Mumbai will be aired from Wednesday on TV channels followed by print advertisements in newspapers and posters.
“The Bollywood actor will sensitise people against spilling of garbage and scrawling of graffiti at tourist sites and promote amicable behaviour towards tourists,” said Tourism Secretary Sujit Banerjee after launching the commercials in the capital Tuesday.
The scripts of both the commercials have been written by noted lyricist Prasoon Joshi and directed by Bollywood director Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra.
“None of the above people have charged anything from tourism ministry,” Banerjee said.
The ministry also launched a website www.atithi.org that seeks to educate people and sensitise them about the importance of tourism to the country’s economy and the need to be welcoming to tourists.
- Care for your heritage, urges Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra - Mar 09, 2009
- Aamir Khan plans campaign against child malnutrition - Jul 04, 2011
- Aamir, Prasoon Joshi making 50 shorts on malnutrition - May 07, 2012
- 'Government, law-enforcing agencies working for tourists' safety' - Jul 01, 2010
- Kanheri Caves made part of 'Clean India' campaign - Aug 03, 2012
- Games venues can now hold future extravaganzas, says Selja - Oct 21, 2010
- Aamir entices firangis to India - Oct 27, 2009
- Aamir turns 'Indian Ocean' drummer to promote 'Peepli Live' (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- Clean India Campaign to kick off from Qutab Minar - Jun 18, 2012
- Kerala, Gujarat tourism promos target different segments: Piyush Pandey - Oct 09, 2010
- Bollywood's young blood to rock IIFA in Singapore (Curtain Raiser) - Jun 06, 2012
- Aamir Khan is new brand ambassador for tourism ministry campaign (Lead) - Aug 08, 2008
- Songs are becoming like jingles: Prasoon Joshi (Interview) - Jul 12, 2012
- India's new tourism campaign - teach them young! - Oct 24, 2010
- GPS, electronic meters to make cabs tourist friendly in Goa - Jul 13, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, ambassador, awareness campaign, banerjee, bollywood actor, cultural heritage, graffiti, incredible india, joshi, kanheri caves, lyricist, New Delhi, social awareness, sujit, tourism ministry, tourism secretary, tourist sites, tv channels, tv commercials, website www