Aamir Ali set for TV comeback in comic avatarMarch 26th, 2011 - 9:31 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) It’s comedy time for popular TV actor Aamir Ali. He is set to make a comeback on the small screen after a gap of two years with SAB TV’s “F.I.R.”, a show that he says will break his boy-next-door image.
“I was being offered a lot of run-of-the-mill stuff like family dramas and intense stories, which I have done before. But I have never done comedy. People haven’t seen me in the genre yet. They have always seen me as a lover boy or a boy-next-door. But ‘F.I.R.’ is going to be a crazy comedy,” Aamir told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
The 33-year-old actor, who started his career with Ekta Kapoor’s “Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii”, is confident that the audience will like him in the new avatar.
“Personally, I am not a person who can crack jokes all the time ; neither am I too witty. I am quite a quiet person…so when a light comedy came to me, I was more than happy. It will give me a chance to explore that side of me as well. I am sure I will surprise my fans with ‘F.I.R.’,” he said.
He is quite excited about returning to the small screen as an actor. Last year he was seen in a cameo in Karan Johar’s “I Hate Luv Storys”. He also participated in dance reality show “Zara Nachke Dikha”.
But he kept away from daily soaps as he was busy travelling across Britain, Dubai, Bangkok and other international destinations for performances and corporate events. His last fiction show on TV was “Bhaskar Bharti” in 2009.
“I took up ‘Nach Baliye 3′ and ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’ because it was a challenge for me to be able to dance. But I proved it to everyone that I can shake a leg. Similiarly, I am happy to have taken up something like ‘F.I.R.’ which will challenge me to go beyond my usual self. And I am pretty confident I will do it well,” he said.
Aamir will essay Bajrang Pandey, a corrupt cop in “F.I.R.”, and his character will enter the show April 12.
“I will be in an inspector’s uniform all the time, I will be chewing paan…It’s a very desi kind of character - a little corrupt, too fond of women. Bajrang Pandey is everything that a cop should not be,” he said.
In the show his character Pandey wants to get married, but he can’t because an astrologer has told him that he would die on his wedding day. So, he maintains his distance from the show’s famous protagonist Chandramukhi Chautala, played by Kavita Kaushik.
But what is it that’s keeping Aamir away from marriage in real life, even when he has been dating actress Sanjeeda Sheikh for a long time?
“Certain sections of the media have been reporting that I have already married Sanjeeda. But there is no truth in it. Marriage is a very pure institution and I will be very happy to share the news with everyone when it happens. It will happen…I just don’t know when,” he said.
- Quick money lures TV actors to reality shows - Jul 07, 2010
- Is Zara Nachke.. to be blamed for Aamir-Sanjeeda split? - Mar 15, 2010
- Aamir Ali collapses during 'Zara Nachke Dikha' shoot - May 12, 2010
- My role in 'Honge Juda...' not cameo, says Aamir - Sep 19, 2012
- Can't work 30 days in a month, says Gaurav - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Zara Nachke Dikha' should change my image: Sushant Rajput - May 01, 2010
- Aamir's proposal was the moment of my life: Sanjeeda (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Sanjeeda And Mukti Are The Best Dancers-Aamir Ali - Jun 05, 2010
- Aamir Ali is a good boyfriend: Sanjeeda Sheikh (With Images) - Jun 22, 2011
- Is Zara Nachke Dikha jinxed? - May 15, 2010
- Rakhi Sawant to contest against ex-boyfriend in dance show - Apr 01, 2010
- Kapil Nirmal to perform from 3rd episode of ZND! - Apr 29, 2010
- Sara Khan to quit 'Bidaai'? (TV Snippets) - Jun 18, 2010
- Mukti Stuck Between Bollywood and Television - Aug 09, 2010
- Kritika working extra hard for Zara... - May 03, 2010
Tags: aamir ali, bharti, comedy time, corrupt cop, crazy comedy, daily soaps, ekta kapoor, family dramas, gap, ghar ghar, international destinations, kahaani ghar ghar kii, karan johar, light comedy, lover boy, popular tv, quiet person, sab tv, tv actor, tv comeback