Aadesh Shrivastava teams up with Timberlake for anti-terrorism albumFebruary 26th, 2009 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 26 (IANS) Post Mumbai attacks, Bollywood composer Aadesh Shrivastava is teaming up with some of the biggest names from the music world including Justin Timberlake and Rihanna for an anti-terrorism album. He says these talented people are coming together to sing about peace, though with a difference.
“I’ve already invited these singers and they will participate. I’ve recorded with that extraordinarily-talented violinist Kala Ramanathan and with Ustad Rashid Khan. Justin and Rihanna have also given their nod,” Aadesh told IANS.
“The time to sing bhajans and qawwallis evoking Allah and Ishwar to bring peace to earth is over. Such silent pleas won’t work any more,” he added.
Aadesh, who is all fired up with the blasts that happened on 26/11, says rather than attend rallies he decided to produce an anti-terrorism album.
“Mumbai has witnessed the worst ever massacre and I’m not interested in token gestures. That’s why I didn’t attend the peace rally at the Gateway Of India. All those thousands hopeful Mumbaikars who attended were in danger. Hardly any security was provided to them. What if there was an attack at the rally?”
Immediately after the attack Aadesh has started work on his global album against terrorism.
“I was actually working on another album based on the four seasons of the year. But I’ve put that aside for the anti-terrorism album. I’m very clear about one thing - it will have no references to the gods of any religion. We need to fight terrorism on our own,” he said.
- Amitabh sings with Rashid Khan for 26/11 album - Nov 14, 2009
- Big B Sings With Rashid Khan - Nov 13, 2009
- Seyfried has crush on Timberlake - Nov 02, 2011
- Big B plans charity for cops' families - Nov 27, 2011
- Akon Rescues Aadesh At Aqeel's Club - Mar 15, 2010
- The Big B Is One-Up On Ranbir - Aug 16, 2010
- Rihanna to make TV debut - Jan 27, 2012
- No place for Holi songs in Bollywood anymore? - Mar 20, 2011
- Desi sweets on B-Town's mind for Lohri - Jan 13, 2012
- Akon rescues Aadesh at Aqeel's club - Mar 15, 2010
- Lady Gaga loves the sitar: Fateh Ali Khan (With Images) - Jun 03, 2012
- Singer Akon arrives in Mumbai Monday - Mar 06, 2010
- 14-year-old Patiala girl features in music album - Feb 11, 2011
- India warns of 'dark shadow of terror' from Pakistan - Nov 23, 2011
- Today's songs lack good lyrics: Kavita Krishnamurthy - Jan 18, 2012